Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo smart trainer purchase
Quote | Reply
I’m wanting to purchase a smart trainer sometime before the end of this year and I’m leaning towards a Kickr Core or new Kickr (assuming I can find one in stock). There’s not a huge price difference ($300) and I think the Kickr comes with a cassette so that makes it even less a hit. I’m thinking of getting the Kickr, but saving a couple hundred bucks would be nice as I could use it towards an Ipad or Apple TV for Zwift. Anyone have strong opinions between these two choices?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo smart trainer purchase [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought the new kickr (version 5), and my son has the kickr core. really can’t see that much difference, maybe mine is a little quieter. Also mine has the new cushioned feet, but since the trainer is set up on a foam mat, I don’t no if they are doing that much.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo smart trainer purchase [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly the biggest difference is the folding feet and the handle that the kickr has.
I live in NYC where space is at a premium and I need to fold up the trainer and put it in a corner after every use, so for me it was worth it, but if you don't plan on moving it every time you use it, save your money and get the core.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are very close when it comes to the most important part - the ride / pushing down on the pedals. The Kickr5 auto-calibration is a useful addition. The connection port has a lot of 'potential'.... we'll have to wait and see when/if the accessory is released for that.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo smart trainer purchase [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. The new feet don’t seem to be that big a deal if you’re on a mat - which I’ll be using. I also doubt I’ll be moving it around much so the Core looks like the better deal. Not sure if the auto calibration is worth the premium when I need to also buy some type of monitor setup too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also heard they are selling the new footpads as an accessory in the future so you can later if you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out DC Rainmaker for an in-depth analysis of the difference between the two models. I had a Core that I used fall and winter and was happy with -- no complaints at all...until it developed connectivity issues in early April. Since Wahoo didn't have any Cores in stock, they replaced it with a Kickr that (so far) works great. The handle & folding legs on the Kickr are nice though not essential and it "feels" more substantial. Otherwise not much difference.
Quote Reply