Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New(?) Vittoria PISTA ORO
Quote | Reply
https://www.vittoria.com/us/pista-oro-track.html

"
Finishes in track racing often come down to fractions of a second. When you’ve done the work, and you are at the starting line, be confident knowing that the Vittoria Pista Oro removes any barrier between you and your new PR. The Oro utilizes a special version of Vittoria’s groundbreaking Graphene compound technology, specifically made for track applications, coupled with the trademark supple cotton casing. This combination broke records during testing, before the product even hit the market. Now, Italy’s secret weapon is now available for track enthusiasts everywhere."
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Sep 11, 20 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: New(?) PISTA ORO [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this. I always wonder, how these tires would compare to the Dugast (Pink) track tires with the silk casings we always used to see on record attempts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wheeeewww dat price tho.

Might have to go in halfsies with someone :) Should get two hours out of one set at least :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New(?) PISTA ORO [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dbeitel wrote:
Thanks for this. I always wonder, how these tires would compare to the Dugast (Pink) track tires with the silk casings we always used to see on record attempts.

You're welcome. I got an email with a 30% code and saw this. I got the red Dugast silk/latex tires for elite nationals last year. They are nice but the latex is extremely fragile, even when cleaning the tire. The HUUB guys run the Vittoria Pista tires so that must count for something.

Morelock wrote:
wheeeewww dat price tho.

Might have to go in halfsies with someone :) Should get two hours out of one set at least :D

The price make me cringe even with the 30% discount that I found. I'm tempted to get a set for the IP and TP for next year's elite nats. Do you want to get halfsies? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want some numbers first :D

I've actually got an unglued set of pista speeds waiting for something special. Hopefully they aren't outdated before I even glue them up haha.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New(?) PISTA ORO [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dbeitel wrote:

I have been curious about whether silk, or some synthetic, would be a better casing material. I think pretty much all tires are made with a cotton casing, but I can’t imagine there aren’t better materials out there. Maybe that will be the next big thing in tire technology.
Quote Reply
Re: New(?) PISTA ORO [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I think pretty much all tires are made with a cotton casing, but I can’t imagine there aren’t better materials out there.
The astronomical majority of tires are made by using hot vulcanization to bond the layers the tire together. Cotton and silk burn at those temperatures, so synthetic fabrics like nylon and polyester are used instead.

In tires with cotton and silk casing, glue is used to bond the tread to the casing fabric.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria PISTA ORO [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone gotten a chance to ride or test these yet? Thanks!
Quote Reply