Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Triathlon Version of "Under the Red Kite"
Quote | Reply
Watch the TdF one of the most exciting parts of the race is when a breakaway or the entire peloton hits 1km to go and passed "Under the Red Kite".

Track has bell laps for longer races, swimming has the same....we don't have anything like that to rev up excitement (maybe the Red carpet in IM races???).

Seems like a 400m to go (or 200m to go) would make things exciting if there is head to head racing or just for participants. Far out enough that something can change but close enough that anything that does change inside this is going to be permanent in the outcome.
Quote Reply
Re: A Triathlon Version of "Under the Red Kite" [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's when the runners "hit the blue carpet.," at least for ITU.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Sep 10, 20 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: A Triathlon Version of "Under the Red Kite" [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - great viewing!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: A Triathlon Version of "Under the Red Kite" [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of pointless for IM races where winners are typically separated by minutes. And sprint finished almost never occur. The finishing chute seems sufficient to me
Quote Reply
Re: A Triathlon Version of "Under the Red Kite" [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, certainly for crits but also maybe some looped road races like worlds.............lap count matters! You want the field aware you're on the last lap out of 10+ laps of a course.

Also, I would imagine in the days before GPS or team radio that you'd have to announce the finish for the sprint. In tri/du you simply don't have 50% of the entire field bum rushing the line at the same time jockeying for the win. You do in bike racing.

What they have for now seems sufficient.
Quote Reply