Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2-way radios recommendation
Quote | Reply
I am looking to buy a fleet of 2-way radios for the coaches on our youth MTB team. We divide into 3-4 riding groups so we need to be able to communicate when someone breaks off to return to base for an injury or mechanical. Our current walkie-talkies are cheap and not very effective.

We can be up to 6 miles from each other on the trail system we practice at. Line of sight is often poor. We don't just use cell phones even though there is coverage because of the hassle of removing them from a pack first. If there was a slick earbud that worked with an app maybe that would be good.

Any recommendations or experiences?

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2-way radios recommendation [Justicebeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justicebeaver wrote:
I am looking to buy a fleet of 2-way radios for the coaches on our youth MTB team. We divide into 3-4 riding groups so we need to be able to communicate when someone breaks off to return to base for an injury or mechanical. Our current walkie-talkies are cheap and not very effective.

We can be up to 6 miles from each other on the trail system we practice at. Line of sight is often poor. We don't just use cell phones even though there is coverage because of the hassle of removing them from a pack first. If there was a slick earbud that worked with an app maybe that would be good.

Any recommendations or experiences?

thanks!

Setup a team-only private Discord channel on the Discord app. Use some bluetooth headphones of your choice.

This is what our Zwift racing group does.

Worth a shot if you do have cell coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: 2-way radios recommendation [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is this a push to talk kind of situation or are you always "on"? I don't want all the other groups hearing me yelling out to my group to "go right" or whatever.
Quote Reply