Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
More sites are starting to list it, mostly European ones.

This one says 1-2 day delivery, which I'm not sure I believe.

https://www.winterparkcycles.com/...47856&quantity=1

$15,000 plus tax lol. They gonna pull a specialized and essentially stop making consumer tri bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or "pull" what every manufacturer does, which is start with top spec and then work down.

Without going back to reread the threads, I think there was mention of an Ultegra Di2 version around $8000. Seems aligned with Cervelo and other brands' pricing.

What's more shocking is something like a $7,650 "sale" price on a super basic Quintana Roo with Ultegra Di2, Shimano training wheels, and a basic aftermarket cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
More sites are starting to list it, mostly European ones.

This one says 1-2 day delivery, which I'm not sure I believe.

https://www.winterparkcycles.com/...47856&quantity=1

Goodness, they've gone backward.

They are one of the first who managed to hide most shifter and brake cables, back in 2010 with the Plasma 3 TT

Ten years later, they still got brake cables dangling? SMH...
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is a drinking system straw you see - not a brake cable.

But also - I just don’t see how this thing can be for sale, when it isn’t even on the Scott website.

And no athletes are getting this bike and posting pics on social media?

I just don’t see it ... Seems sort of fake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Or "pull" what every manufacturer does, which is start with top spec and then work down.

Without going back to reread the threads, I think there was mention of an Ultegra Di2 version around $8000. Seems aligned with Cervelo and other brands' pricing.

What's more shocking is something like a $7,650 "sale" price on a super basic Quintana Roo with Ultegra Di2, Shimano training wheels, and a basic aftermarket cockpit.

I hear ya. But the new specialized shiv has been out for almost 2 years? And they haven’t worked down yet 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

Complaining about the cost of a $7600 bike in a thread about a bike that costs 2x that?? Lol.

At least the QR has trickled down and you can get a full disc brake bike for less than$3k from them.

It just seems that brands aren’t really trickling down. Specialized is still expensive. Cervelo P3X still expensive. I doubt this Scott is going to trickle down. Maybe to $10k??
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you see the brake cables other then at the fork and chain stay where they enter the brake caliper.
And even there they seem to be ‘hidden’ by the design.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Ultegra Di2 Version - $8999 - MSRP

Last edited by: MTRIB: Sep 8, 20 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
I think that is a drinking system straw you see - not a brake cable.

But also - I just don’t see how this thing can be for sale, when it isn’t even on the Scott website.

And no athletes are getting this bike and posting pics on social media?

I just don’t see it ... Seems sort of fake.

Ah yes, you are right. I didn't look as carefully and thought it looked like two separate cables, whereas it's just the drinking tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:

Complaining about the cost of a $7600 bike in a thread about a bike that costs 2x that?? Lol.

At least the QR has trickled down and you can get a full disc brake bike for less than$3k from them.

It just seems that brands aren’t really trickling down. Specialized is still expensive. Cervelo P3X still expensive. I doubt this Scott is going to trickle down. Maybe to $10k??

Yes and I would also complain about a $50k Corolla hatchback in a thread about a $100k 911 S. They're not even the same spec.

The sale-priced $7600 QR is a non-superbike with training wheels and FSA cranks while the $8999 retail-priced Plasma has carbon wheels and Ultegra cranks. The fact that retail on that QR if $8,500 is hilarious. That's $500 more than a Di2 P5 or P3x

The Specialized, P3X, and Plasma will never trickle down to $3k because they aren't simple double triangle bikes with standard cockpits. We'll be lucky to see them around $5k, which will probably happen once they are many years old. They aren't in the same league as QR, which is more like a P-series or Plasma 10. For reference the P-series Di2 retails for $2000 less than the PRsix2 and is better equipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xOld discussion but will post anyway. Got few months back Scott Plasma 6 RC with new Zipp 808 NSW. unbelievable smooth and fast riding machine! No wonder triathlete.com gave it 5 starts and called best tested Tri bike so far they tested https://www.triathlete.com/...rc-6-triathlon-bike/

Last edited by: AlexB78: May 10, 21 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [AlexB78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow!

Canyon keeps delaying release of CFR in USA.

Now this!! ;-D

From info I can gather, and seeing Keinle this weekend I'm more than interested. Can you comment on bar tilt. they have listed as 15 degrees on Plasma 6 , that with tilt wedge(tri rig) I would be able to replicate mantis position i now have. Which does not appear possible on CFR with max tilt of 10 degrees and perceived limitations of mono post?

Thanks

David
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 disc Carbon [rowland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also was watching Speedmax release in US, specifically CF SLR. Hasn't happened and I needed a bike for June races. No regrets with Scott Plasma 6!
I feel very comfortable with aerobars tilt as it shows on the pic. I believe you can make angle even bigger with the accessories included (Scott animation at this URL shows how it changes https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/plasma-6) but not sure what the max is to be honest. Also note that at this Scott page aerobars they show are more flat compared with ones on my bike. With my aerobars version you can get bigger angle if that is what you need (i think i have "Extension E2" in oppose "Extension E1" as shown at Scott Syncros page: https://www.syncros.com/...ad-triathlon-cockpit...)
But I agree, the tilt ability on this bike is definitely bigger than on Speedmax...

Hope this helps
Alex
Last edited by: AlexB78: May 11, 21 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Alex :

Is there room above bottom bracket to mount aero bottle on downtube??? How's the refilling on the fly of the intergrated bladder?

Have located a bike. .. sigh ... why is it always hard to pull the trigger??

paralysis by analysis :-D

Again THANKS in Advance

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you can put water bottle on down tube, there are screws to mount the cage. However, if you do that you will not be able to leverage above the bottom bracket gel container. The cage would block it. Frankly if you use integrated bladder (650 ml) and two behind the seat cages, you don't need the forth on the down tube...
As for refill on the fly, Flap the cover and the opening is big enough so you can squeeze the bottle to fill it up without spilling around. Canyon Speedmax CFR has a valve instead but probably you would need to be more precise to discharge the bottle into the bladder.

my two cents :)
Last edited by: AlexB78: May 11, 21 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to comment other than to say, that is a sexy bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just week ago i recalled to try to do refill ion the fly.. Worked great :) I was in the group crossing at about 20m/h pulled out the line just in a case and discharged bottle into the front hydration container no issue put the bottle back into the rear cage...

Also...I thought bottom gel container is just a marketing gimmick and i will never be able do bend down and take gel container while riding..Well.. did it already couple times...it is just the matter of practice... Btw i purchased Hummer liquid gel and diluted it further with just small amount of water so it can be more drinkable...
Quote Reply

Prev Next