Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Disc and Disc-Disc Wheels from Ron Wheels - Aeron X
Quote | Reply
I saw that Ron Wheels updated their Aeron disc wheel and also has it in a disc brake version. Seems like one of the cheaper disc disc options out there. I've been thinking about picking up one of their RON4 discs since the price is hard to beat.

https://ronwheels.com/en/39-aeron-x

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: New Disc and Disc-Disc Wheels from Ron Wheels - Aeron X [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have the Ron 4 disc, and it seems really solidly built. I’ve only raced it for one 70.3 (plus a couple rides that week), so I can’t speak to durability yet, but it has smooth hubs, good braking, and is true. Feels stiff as well under power, but I can’t say that’s quantitative data. It’s narrow...really narrow compared to our Hed Jet+, so I ran a GP5000 23 as opposed to the 25 I normally run. Can’t speak to the Aeron other than it looks nice online.
Quote Reply
Re: New Disc and Disc-Disc Wheels from Ron Wheels - Aeron X [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, looks nice. 1040g, lenticular, and machined brake tracks for about $1000. The RONs look nicer and nicer with each generation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden or tested one?

Seems to hit a lot of plus points with this version - wide, tubeless, light *for a disc, at a good price. Now is it as fast as the competition?
Last edited by: boing: Sep 10, 20 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: New Disc and Disc-Disc Wheels from Ron Wheels - Aeron X [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid disc wheels are fast.
Quote Reply
Re: New Disc and Disc-Disc Wheels from Ron Wheels - Aeron X [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their social media accounts show them being tested in a tunnel, but I cannot find any data on them.

I wonder how they compare to the Hed Jet+, Aerocoach Aeox, revolver ASYM and Specialized Roval.

I like my Aeox but I have just got a Speedconcept and the clearance is minimal do I expect it may rub under load. Also the skin on the Aeox is quite thin so as you pump the tyre up the cover deforms slightly in places - not sure if this has much of a performance effect though.
Quote Reply