Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021?
Quote | Reply
Curious of everyone's thoughts on this based on prior experience, the fact that the race is now only offered once every three years, and we also have to consider 2020 deferrals that may select CDA...

What does everyone think?

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [TriMeSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am super torn on registering. I love this race and pre-Covid I had this on my long term plan for 2021. But with the way Covid is going and Ironman is "handling" things, I just can't see giving Ironman an $800 loan for them to hang onto indefinitely. I know I'm risking the race being sold out, but I don't plan on registering until spring 2021 when things become more clear. It bums me out, but I just have a hard time seeing an Ironman actually happen in June 2021 with our current information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think without a doubt - it is such a great race and venue! The biggest question is the obvious...will COVID-19 impact...? I am registered in hopes of it happening in 2021, if not at least I have a deferral to a race in 2022!
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will probably sell out for the same nostalgic and FOMO reasons that IM Canada sold out.

Ironman has set the bar pretty low for this race: opening registration in the middle of a global pandemic, a non existent refund policy and no course preview.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [writersblock12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first thought when I received the priority registration was; is everyone going to jump on this? Then my second thought was thinking most people are gun shy right now and waiting to pull the trigger until the last moment possible. I'm taking the wait and see approach with all races and hope to get in before the sell out "if" they will happen. Waiting to see if the October/December races go through and actually happen then that will trigger a rapid response to jump in and then it will possibly sell out.
Last edited by: tri3ba: Sep 4, 20 10:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the amount of deferrals from this year to next, if everything returns to a relatively normal state next year it would seem there would be many thousand fewer entries available. It’s quite possible open spots will fill up quickly. Also, a forced year-long break could have many people really anxious to get back to racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the IM CdA facebook group and anecdotally we're getting a lot of deferrals from both Santa Rosa and St George... still no clue on if it'll fill. With everyone being burned by COVID this season, if I was paying to register for a race I would wait until late next winter to see if triathlon is still a thing.

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [TriSRV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that IM is no longer showing tiers for entries to this event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Yes.

That

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [writersblock12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I found that a little odd considering it was all over the pre-registration info page. I’d like to put off the expense another month or two if I can, so it would help to have the tier as a gauge of how close to full it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [AllTheChafing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN today said they have 200 spots left for Coeur d'Alene. So it is getting closer that's for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and yet its 90% sold out already. the machine keeps churning.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on what the course may look like? I believe the bike course changed a few times between 2014 and the cancellation in 2017 (if memory serves correctly)
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [outdoormaniacs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I hadn’t seen that. Thanks! Went ahead and signed up.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [Boschery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
During its run from 2003 To 2017 there were three different bike courses. I would be very surprised if they changed from the ‘current’ course which was used from 2012 to 2017. I say current as the same course (just 1 lap instead of 2) has been used for the 70.3 the past two years. From a logistics standpoint it works better than other iterations as they have to shut down less streets neighborhoods than the two previous courses.

Swim will be the same two loop course from the city beach that is has always been. Run course used to be twoof a 13.1 mile out-and-back laps. I believe it was 2016 that they switched it to three ~8.7 out-and-back laps along the same route. Mentally a bit tougher but I think it made it easier to place volunteers and aid stations and it meant family member got to see athletes an additional time on the run. So I imagine they will keep the three loop course. Congestion on the run didn’t seem bad at all as there was plenty of room on the run when I did it in 2017.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do we know its already 90% filled?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Facebook Ironman ad. Fake news? Don’t know!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
How do we know its already 90% filled?

Because they told us...

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It costs almost a grand to do this race. FFS Ironman.

How do I go from a payment plan as described below:
  • Payment 1 ($270.27): At the time of registration
  • Payment 2 (274.37): Due by January 6, 2021
  • Payment 3 (274.37): Due by February 6, 2021
  • Note: All payments will be charged the Active processing fee

To having to pay a deposit of $415 + 2 payments of $274... ?

Why $415???

Really not cool to advertise the race on the homepage at $770 and having to pay $964 in the end (this includes the $15 USAT membership).
Last edited by: tamiii: Sep 9, 20 19:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
It costs almost a ground to do this race. FFS Ironman.

How do I go from a payment plan as described below:
  • Payment 1 ($270.27): At the time of registration
  • Payment 2 (274.37): Due by January 6, 2021
  • Payment 3 (274.37): Due by February 6, 2021
  • Note: All payments will be charged the Active processing fee

To having to pay a deposit of $415 + 2 payments of $274... ?

Why $415???

Really not cool to advertise the race on the homepage at $770 and having to pay $964 in the end (this includes the $15 USAT membership).
Yeah the costs are getting a bit rich.A lot less than Ultraman by a long shot but still very expensive.

To put it in perspective,here in Oz it is over $1kAUD to do Ironman Cairns and I thought that it would be fun to ride 1,000miles from my place to Cairns and do the race.When I got to the registration page and looked at the cost I realized that the cost of doing Ironman would be about the same as the cost of riding to Cairns and back.Three weeks of cycle touring Epic Camp style for the same price as one day of an Ironman.It is a no brainer,I didn't enter Cairns but am riding up to watch and hang out with friends after which I'll ride home. I have done 24 Ironman's so the whole "wow factor" is lost on me but they are still fun to be around and now I get to spend four days in Cairns doing fun stuff instead of all the pre and post race admin stuff that eats away at visiting time.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d love to ride 1000 miles to go watch a race. It’s just too much time away from home unfortunately. So I registered to IMCDA 2021 instead. Someone please let my wife know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
I’d love to ride 1000 miles to go watch a race. It’s just too much time away from home unfortunately. So I registered to IMCDA 2021 instead. Someone please let my wife know.
Time is one benefit we dateless losers have... :-)

Coeur d'Alene is one of my favourite Ironman venues..Put the missus up in the Coeur d'Alene Resort to soften the blow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
General registration officially sold out!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman Couer D'Alene sell out for 2021? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - glad I decided to play it safe and register!

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply

Prev Next