Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bear Lake Brawl Goes big time!
Quote | Reply
LOL. Bear lake brawl in Utah/Idaho border is one of our kinda crappy local races. I hate to dis on local races but its pretty small and not usually well run at all. I love me some racing but even when I'm on vacation at my cabin near by I don't sign up.
Fast forward covid. 2020 PTO put 15,000$ in pro prizes and we have a decent pro field showing up. Big metz, Weiss, Matt Hanson, Ben kanute I think, then Chris lieferman, Sam long, and I here quite a few guys. This is a half distance on Sept 19th.

Oh yah women too... skye, and Jocelyn but like I said rumor has it about thirty pros.
https://www.trisignup.com/...83168&perPage=50
I think me and Jpay will have to go up and give you all a live feed?? What yah think?

Pray for the race director.
Pray for timing to work.
Pray for boys to stay in place
Pray for actual aid stations.

Seriously though I think the local tri community will give him enough volunteers this may turn out better than usual.
Its a lap around bearlake with open roads and a run on the north shore road. Out and back. At least thats what i remeber
Last edited by: Cookiebuilder: Sep 3, 20 19:54
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Goes big time! [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Not great to hear about the quality of the race but looks like the event management changed hands last year maybe? Also where did you see that PTO is adding money. Haven't seen anything about it on Instagram yet.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Goes big time! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know how I know about the money. Its been known for a few weeks around here though. Its for sure true. To bad the deals went east. This is the biggest race of the year lol but seriously đŸ˜„.

I got myself all pumped and signed me and jpay up haha.
My covid 20 is going to be bad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unlucky. Considering maybe flying out but can't count on making any $$$ with that field/purse. And Summer is currently nursing am injury so she wouldn't even be able to race. Flights aren't bad but it's still an investment to get out there. We'll see!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at the cost of that race. Entering in the pro 70.3 race is over $1000. Sorry, but no, theres some serious gouging going on there
Quote Reply
Re: Bear Lake Brawl Goes big time! [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Look at the cost of that race. Entering in the pro 70.3 race is over $1000. Sorry, but no, theres some serious gouging going on there
Lol wtf. My only thought is that they must be giving out coupon codes or something to pros so that price is just set high to deter people from registering for that category. I'll reach out and see what it actually costs.

Quote Reply