Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TYR Cat 5 Wetsuit
Quote | Reply

Folks have experience w/ TYR Cat 5 (vs. say Roka Maverick X)? Can potentially buy a 2019 model for sub $400, but don't see a ton of reviews online so not sure how it stacks up vs. other elite brands.

Also LMK if runs true to size on size charts -- 5'10" ~147 puts me squarely in the S/M on size chart. 40 y/o mediocre swimmer but age group competitive overall so looking for something that performs well.
Quote Reply
Re: TYR Cat 5 Wetsuit [kmac2417] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is my go to suit and I have both the sleeved verion and the sleeveless version for races that are on the border temp wise. I got the sleeveless on sale for about $100 new... practically a steal. Back in the day when Potts was sponsored by TYR he raced in the Cat5 as opposed to the Freak of Nature suit... for me it fits and is super flexible in and around the arms. That's the big two for me in picking a suit. My body seems to float really good in it as it uses thicker neoprene in places like the legs... wetsuit swims I especially can get lazy with my kicking.

I'm no suit expert but fit is important... I went through a few other brands before landing on the TYR. It fits number one and is very comfortable. I cut the legs shorter and its the perfect suit for me.

I'm 5'11" 170lbs. at race weight and wear a M. It's a great suit... if it fits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a TYR Cat 5 last year and while I can’t compare it to other wetsuits (testing/returning different brands wasn’t really an option for me) I have no regrets and I think it’s a good value for the price.

I’m 5’7”, 145 lbs and went with a size S/M which fits me well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a TYR Cat 5 full-sleeved & sleeveless for three years now and love them both. Really can't go wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: TYR Cat 5 Wetsuit [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I am a bit taller and heavier and went with the full sleeved version. It is a great suit, and I regret selling it. If I see another one in my size in my area I will likely pick it up.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply