Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee
Quote | Reply
Going to spend some time riding gravel and swimming. Anyone familiar with groups or certain areas we can swim without ending up in someone's propeller.
Thanks for any info
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which side of the lake are you staying on? One option might be Ellacoya State Park in Gilford, which used to host Timberman should be able to get a good swim off the beach and be away from the boat/jet ski traffic. Some good riding/running along that stretch also.

Not sure if the Granite State Tri Club is still around but they used to host rides from there.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you staying? there are plenty of small coves where you can swim relatively safely. boats have to stay 150 ft from shoreline. weekday mornings are typically the best, weekends are definitely busier, i generally stay away from swimming unless it's early. laconia/meredith side is the busiest area, other spots are definitely better options. As for gravel, there is good gravel in tamworth, although i don't know it well. i've mapped out a bunch of snowmobile/gravel/mtb trails down south if you are in that area. they are a bit more rugged than typical gravel. https://www.trailforks.com/...trail-network-28639/
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unless you're swimming close to the shore, just don't.. or unless you can finish your swim before the drunkies wake up... otherwise, you're asking to be chopped up on that lake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The state parks (like Elacoya)are all by reservation at the moment.

There are town beaches and local stuff that are open, but you need to be resident or resident's guest. The public beaches, from what I can see, have been shut down.

Good luck and let us know what you find!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
frenchfried wrote:
Going to spend some time riding gravel and swimming. Anyone familiar with groups or certain areas we can swim without ending up in someone's propeller.
Thanks for any info

If you’re in Meredith or thereabouts you might consider swimming in Squam. There’s a beach/entry point at the chamberlain Reynolds forest trails.

Depending on where you are and how far you want to go I can offer some gravel recommendations as well. Tamworth area as mentioned is great, a lot of stuff there. Unfortunately, the coffee shop is closed, which is a real bummer. Sandwich Notch Rd is a pretty classic choice, worth doing. I put together this ride recently that includes a couple of my favs, hoping to do it soon ...

https://www.strava.com/.../2735483572286977994

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all. Most helpful. I'll definitely try Squam.
I'll let you know what I find as it seems lots of places close at the end August
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moe : Where were you born?
Curly : Lake Winnipesaukee.
Moe : How do you spell that?
Curly : W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie I got an Uncle there!
Moe : What was your family decomposed of?
Curly : Well, I'll tell ya! There was a litter of three, and I was the one they kept! N'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know, but hi :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Marvin!!! Dr. Leo Marvin!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Moe : Where were you born?
Curly : Lake Winnipesaukee.
Moe : How do you spell that?
Curly : W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie I got an Uncle there!
Moe : What was your family decomposed of?
Curly : Well, I'll tell ya! There was a litter of three, and I was the one they kept! N'yuk n'yuk n'yuk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuhYMDCdDL0

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bob, your coming here is unbelievably inappropriate. I don’t care if you needed somewhere to swim during the pandemic!

Baby step to four o’clock!

Quote Reply