Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Integrate TrainingPeaks into Outlook Calendar?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if it's possible to have my TrainingPeaks workouts show up in my outlook calendar? Would be convenient to have a recurring "appointment" with my workout everyday. Would be even better if it was the correct duration and I could slot it where I have openings in my day.

Very much "nice to have". Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Integrate TrainingPeaks into Outlook Calendar? [trimags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See if you can find a calendar URL on training peaks. Thats the standard way of "sharing" calendars across platforms. I dont use training peaks so idk if it has one but that would be how
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. There is an .ics file/link in your TP settings that you copy over to outlook when you open a new calendar (from the internet).

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Integrate TrainingPeaks into Outlook Calendar? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Yes. There is an .ics file/link in your TP settings that you copy over to outlook when you open a new calendar (from the internet).

I've done it with the .ics file.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As above there is a way, but I think there are two potential fishhooks. First I seem to remember that it's only for the paid version and second it will depend on your IT system if the integration will work (assuming it's a company Outlook).

In all honesty I found that for me, it wasn't that useful. But that's my use case. Many of my sessions (swim, pillates, even zwift) are pretty regular and so I've just got those as recurring events. I then chuck in the lunchtime / evening runs into my outlook manually on a Sunday after my coach has put them in TP for the week. Easier as my coach never sets the specific time for the session, so I needed to do that anyway. So after spending some time setting it up, I found that was a bit of a dead end of time invested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Just did it and it's super easy. Thanks for the tips.
Quote Reply
Re: Integrate TrainingPeaks into Outlook Calendar? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't find it useful either.

I also exported my outlook calendar as well as my TP calendar to my google calendar. With all my personal stuff with the work and TP the google calendar was really cluttered and unreadable.
Quote Reply