Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Draftbox+Speedbox are faster?
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if a draftbox in a Trek Speed Concept is better and can give an aero advantage or not. I think Trek said that they tryied to get "zero drag more", but never said (I don't remember they said that) that will be provide aero advantages.
I can choose remove or not. I use it everyday for my trainings as a toolbox.
This competition is totally flat, so weight doesn't matter.
Have you any info about advantage or not when mounting this kind of accesories (draftbox and speedbox on the frame) in aero terms?
What would you do if were in my shoes?
Thanks for your attention and advices
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [Susun Corda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry about it. It has been a while since I actually looked at the dataset. What tested fast for Manny may not create the exact same flow around your body and position so without testing you would really never know what was fast with you. I have seen pros run it and others not, myself being one that didn't run it a lot depending on the race and whether I needed the storage. My personal thoughts is less is more so unless you need the items, ditch them.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drag neutral on Gen 1 SC. Slight drag reduction for the Gen 2 SC. I verified the latter myself in the tunnel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Page 3: https://issuu.com/..._sc_whitepaper_final

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ever happened to the behind the saddle 2 pack that they looked like they were developing?
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
What ever happened to the behind the saddle 2 pack that they looked like they were developing?

Never made it to market, it just quietly disappeared without explanation. Looked cool but the attachment point behind the saddle looked kind of sketchy and maybe that has something to do with it's being MIA.
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It made the marked in limited edition. I have one it looks clumsy. We tested it at the track and it actually makes the bike faster.

There is no attachment issues – only issue is the lid popping off when hitting big bumps, but nothing a strip of tape can’t hold.
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [RFDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting. I put a post up on the Speedconcept thread as reading through the white paper it was the 2 bottle attachment that improved the aerodynamics rather than the draft box or bento, but you never see anyone using them.
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox+Speedbox are faster? [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply