Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wattage Display App?
Quote | Reply
Hey friends,
I've got a project in mind for my students involving my smart trainer, power meter, and bike.
Project is 2 parts.
The fun part is letting experience how hard it is to ride like in something like the TdF. I can use Zwift and make them climb Alp d'Zwift or something like that. That's the easy part.
The second part is the actual science part. It's your classic make a light bulb light up, run a blender, etc...

My question is this: Is there an app or Windows application that you guys know of that can accept an ANT+ or BLE signal from my power meter or trainer and just display wattage? Maybe a clock as well?
The plan is to cast whatever I use to the monitor in my classroom.
I could use Zwift or TrainerRoad, but I was just hoping for something cleaner, less busy.
I think Zwift would just get distracting after a while.

I really just want to the class see that Billy can held 100w for 5 minutes and Cindy Loo held 150w for 4.

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Display App? [ayontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad is cleaner. Wahoo app could work too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a phone app, most PM/trainer manufacturers have their own apps that will show the power. (e.g. calibration apps).

The CrrCda app will show power from most PMs, I think. But it's a little busy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah can certainly do it; I think the fields to be dispalyed could also be customized
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Display App? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, GC would be my pick as well. It is just a black screen with big numbers. You could show time power and avg power.
Wish I had you for a science teacher!
Quote Reply
Re: Wattage Display App? [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's perfect.

Thank you guys.

I'll download Golden Cheetah tonight.
Quote Reply