Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is well known that PowerDot has developed transparent electrodes. Brailsford rides in the team car controlling each rider like a puppet master. What device connects Brailsford's commands and the electrodes? Why, a small white device in the rider's pocket, of course! Evenepoel must be copying the Sky/Ineos/Grenadiers strategy. :)
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:

Most UCI rules on the past 40 years have been to
- keep the sport in the dark ages
- stop Brits winning.

Apparently the UCI didn't get your memo, today kicking the Frenchman out of the yellow jersey and putting the Brit in yellow for a rinky-dink feeding violation on what was practically a rest day.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great reply.

Some UCI rules may be goofy, but "Primacy of Man over Machine" is the best guiding principle they ever stated.

The weight limit made manufacturers focus on making solid, reliable parts instead of stupid light unsafe stuff. btw, I saw Caleb Ewan's bike is 0.5 kg over the limit. Extra weight should really hurt such a tiny guy, but he's very happy to prioritize performance over weight.

If dark ages means bikes not looking like bikes then I'm all for the dark ages.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

Most UCI rules on the past 40 years have been to
- keep the sport in the dark ages
- stop Brits winning.

Apparently the UCI didn't get your memo, today kicking the Frenchman out of the yellow jersey and putting the Brit in yellow for a rinky-dink feeding violation on what was practically a rest day.

I think the right thing to do here would be a monetary fine to quickstep for being so stupid as to give out a bottle inside 20km....and not just CHF 1000. Something like CHF 50000. But don't charge any time penalty. Make the point and remind everyone that there will be no tolerance when it really matters. But I guess the sanction is fixed so I guess you either enforce it or not.

The sad thing here tonight is a team soigneur is feeling like crap for being unable to measure where the 20.0001 km to go point is and causing the loss of the yellow jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe what Evenepoel was carrying in his backpocket is made by the same company that makes Romain's Bardet HR monitor. It looks a bit strange to me, and unnecessarily big. Anybody can identify it? It is from Today's tour stage.
Last edited by: ecce-homo: Sep 11, 20 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: What was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isn't that just a wahoo tickr on a severely skinny man chest?
Quote Reply
Re: What was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
isn't that just a wahoo tickr on a severely skinny man chest?

That's exactly what it is.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next