Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming with Sleeveless neoprene surf top
Quote | Reply
I already have neoprene buoyancy shorts; I was thinking adding a neoprene top for open water swimming with 72-73°F, this one for example. Anyone has tried this?
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Sep 1, 20 23:36
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming with Sleeveless neoprene surf top [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used vests like that for surf swimming in the winter here in Oz just to keep the chill off but they are actually really good to keep me warm on cold,wet bike touring days/nights.The 1mm thickness is good because it doesn't feel like you are wearing a life jacket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a https://www.orca.com/int-en/heatseeker-vest/ for OWS. Both standalone when a wetsuit would be too warm, or bulky to bring, but also under a wetsuit when the watertemperature is too chilly for me (<15°C/60°F). Works very well, although a great strength/flexibility/patience-exerices to pull of when done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Zone 3 Neoprene Warmth Vest in place of a wetsuit.. it has been good with lake temperatures from 60 to 75 F.

A bit of a challenge to get one and off as it fits like skin but comfortable to swim in. I haven't tried it under a wetsuit.. When the water is that cold I usually am only in for a short period.

With slow indoor pool reopening, I might try to swim in the lake later this year though.
Quote Reply