Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket
Quote | Reply
hora car keys perhaps? Apparently the UCI is investigating
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ketones

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not knowing the world of doping (which is what is implied by the investigation), I would have no idea what a rider would want to carry with him and presumably ingest during an actual race.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Ketones

There'd be no reason to hide that. My guess is illegal 4G radio for telemetry. Bolstered by the team accidentally admitting they knew he'd crashed when his data stopped, when there was no race-legal data telemetry for that race (per my understanding).
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Ketones

There'd be no reason to hide that. My guess is illegal 4G radio for telemetry. Bolstered by the team accidentally admitting they knew he'd crashed when his data stopped, when there was no race-legal data telemetry for that race (per my understanding).

I mean, they are saying it's a "finishing bottle", and that actually sounds pretty bad. So whatever it really is ought to be more serious than what they are willing to admit right now.

4G data sounds about right
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anal suppositories have always been popular. Usually caffeine

Looking for the "5K Kick"? tablets or quick liquid shots ingredients are B12/B6, taurine, caffeine, magnesium, creatine,
or whatever they have at the veterinarians' office..

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.velon.cc/...ew-follow-with-velon

Velon transmits live all data. Remco had a velon device.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bottle of something uncomfortable laying on. Ketones might be right. Maybe that actually removed something that isnā€™t Nice to lay in. Doesnā€™t have to mean itā€™s illegal.
If what you Think is ā€œlets remove the illegal stuffā€ when your star rider crashes out from a bridge, youā€™d have to have a Lance Armstrong kind of personality and no empathy whatsoever - dont believe it
Last edited by: brasch: Aug 29, 20 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
https://www.velon.cc/news/2020/8/14/il-lombardia-2020-preview-follow-with-velon

Velon transmits live all data. Remco had a velon device.

Ah, I thought I read Velon wasn't at Lombardia, but that seems false.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finish bottles are pretty common. I know one team that diluted ground up ibuprofen and caffeine for the last hour. Prior to that tramadol was a fav.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve used finish bottles before. Final feeding opportunity Iā€™d get a bottle with as much First Endurance Pre-race or other that I could stomach at that point in the race. šŸ˜‚ Maybe there is a reason I never made it to Europe. Honestly I think this is a non-story. Iā€™m sure he wanted his pockets cleared before being strapped to a backboard.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. I think that prior to being strapped to a backboard wondering whether he'll ever ride a bike again, his first thoughts should have been "I should leave everything in my back pockets so that lying on a backboard with a possible broken back (and numerous actual breaks) is way more uncomfortable, just in case someone on the internet thinks I'm hiding bad stuff".
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a #1 Pro cyclist has to mix his own drinks? Sounds a bit strange to me. I would expect him to receive a regular bottle with a different content, not a small bag he had to mix with a regular bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As back up if only neutral service with water is available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the video? It does not look like a bottle at all. This is my own speculation, but I think it was a transponder which depending on which data he is transmitting is illegal. Bramati messed up first by saying that his data stopped transmitting, then he claimed he took gels, etc. from his pockets. Perhaps at this point he did no realize that there was a video, and in the video it shows he grabs only one object, the white thing.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Finish bottles are pretty common. I know one team that diluted ground up ibuprofen and caffeine for the last hour. Prior to that tramadol was a fav.

Interesting. I remember the tramadol thing though. That made the news about five years ago. Didn't realize that finish bottles are still a thing
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or it could be something totally innocent like a wrapped rice cake which is very common... but a transponder is another illicit thing? I can not imagine that he would be involved in illicit consumption during a race he could have won. He and the team would know he would be in doping control minutes after finishing.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
or it could be something totally innocent like a wrapped rice cake which is very common... but a transponder is another illicit thing? I can not imagine that he would be involved in illicit consumption during a race he could have won. He and the team would know he would be in doping control minutes after finishing.

I have no idea what it was, the video isn't clear enough for me, but if it was just a rice cake, they would have said so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Honestly I think this is a non-story. Iā€™m sure he wanted his pockets cleared before being strapped to a backboard.

It would be if not for the video that makes it look like the thing was being pocketed secretly. It didn't look like a casual "just cleaning out the pockets to help."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Honestly I think this is a non-story. Iā€™m sure he wanted his pockets cleared before being strapped to a backboard.

It would be if not for the video that makes it look like the thing was being pocketed secretly. It didn't look like a casual "just cleaning out the pockets to help."

Agree, but really they won't be able to prove anything. He'll just stick to the story that it was something food related, and with regards to his comment about data, he can just say that he meant they stopped seeing footage of him on the tv cameras.......
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Have you seen the video? It does not look like a bottle at all. This is my own speculation, but I think it was a transponder which depending on which data he is transmitting is illegal. Bramati messed up first by saying that his data stopped transmitting, then he claimed he took gels, etc. from his pockets. Perhaps at this point he did no realize that there was a video, and in the video it shows he grabs only one object, the white thing.

It really looked like that container women keep their birth control pills in. Some sort of off-white somewhat circular container not more than a half-inch thick.
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
anal suppositories have always been popular. Usually caffeine

Looking for the "5K Kick"? tablets or quick liquid shots ingredients are B12/B6, taurine, caffeine, magnesium, creatine,
or whatever they have at the veterinarians' office..

You should watch the clip. I don't think he reached into the "pocket" you think he reached into.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
It really looked like that container women keep their birth control pills in. Some sort of off-white somewhat circular container not more than a half-inch thick.

If Evenepoel is in fact a woman identifying as a man that would be an awesome story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Andres wrote:

If Evenepoel is in fact a woman identifying as a man that would be an awesome story.

OK, definitely not where I was going with this... just meant more a long the lines of not a "finishing bottle"
Quote Reply
Re: What v was Evenepoel carrying in his back pocket [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
trail wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

Agree, but really they won't be able to prove anything. He'll just stick to the story that it was something food related, and with regards to his comment about data, he can just say that he meant they stopped seeing footage of him on the tv cameras.......

Even if it was a data transponder, I donā€™t really care. I think itā€™s great the teams are doing this even if it is behind the UCIā€™s back.

The UCI is 20 years behind the rest of the world with their rules. They should be pushing to have all the data the can and to be able to use that during broadcasts. Can you imagine if the FIA didnā€™t allow F1 cars to transmit data back to their teams until they had a pit stop or got back to the garage?
Quote Reply

Prev Next