Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Canyon Speedmax Disc
Quote | Reply
While it's a pretty safe bet that Canyon have a new Speedmax disc coming (hopefully within shorter time than the new Aeroad Disc ;) ), I don't think we've seen any live footage of it (except Frodo riding on one front shot in a recent Canyon video ad).

So I have no idea whether the pic is not staged, but @ WW someone posted of what's supposed to be an unpainted unassembled new Speedmax disc frame.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Last edited by: mrlobber: Aug 17, 20 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those seat stays are something else.
Looks like the frame behind might be an aeroad as those seat stays arent so blockey

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
Those seat stays are something else.
Looks like the frame behind might be an aeroad as those seat stays arent so blockey

Most triathlon bike seat stays are pretty blocky, rigid, and excessive looking relative to road bikes which look sleeker. Personally I don't see that they look different than the industry standard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you talking about this vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJS-6WdGZeM

if so, what point in it shows him riding a disc bike? ive looked several times and im not spotting it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look closer, it's there. Should be announced fairly soon, and I'd imagine it will show up at Le Tour in a few weeks time. They actually had accidentally posted the manual online a few months back, but it's since been removed.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's about 45 seconds in

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Chinese open mold frame.

https://www.yoeleobike.com/...lon-frame-t9-db.html

Though they all probably look similar without any livery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That head tube has a funny sharp edge, unless it is a shadow or seam in the carbon. No idea how that is supposed to work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That picture is not the same as the bike in the Canyon Youtube ad. The ad has higher seat stays and a rounded head tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Look closer, it's there. Should be announced fairly soon, and I'd imagine it will show up at Le Tour in a few weeks time. They actually had accidentally posted the manual online a few months back, but it's since been removed.

I don't doubt the claims about the manual and any announcements,or that a Speedmax disc is coming...but I don't see how you can definitively say in that vid that it is a disc bike from the split second head on shot at 0:45. As much as I want to see a rotor, I see little dark spots at the fork crown which could be hidden brake pads. What am I missing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It appears to have a mono raiser, cup style arm pads and the aerobar extension a la Trek
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Trisur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The photo of the bare frame looks like it's lost is stowage in front of the seat post, and the clip form the Youtube advert with the monoriser suggests the in-built hydration bottle is also a goner (this is purely speculation - this could be the CF rather than CF SX equivalent).

But if that is the case, then it has lost one of its really big selling points. The integration is what got me over the line with the SLX rather than a P5/other equivalents.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [oakie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oakie wrote:
The photo of the bare frame looks like it's lost is stowage in front of the seat post, and the clip form the Youtube advert with the monoriser suggests the in-built hydration bottle is also a goner (this is purely speculation - this could be the CF rather than CF SX equivalent).

But if that is the case, then it has lost one of its really big selling points. The integration is what got me over the line with the SLX rather than a P5/other equivalents.

Agree with you completely. This is what sold me on it. If the new one has discs but no box and no water, I'd rather keep my existing SLX.

101Ironman Hacks & Newsletter: http://ironmanhacks.com/newsletter/

YouTube interviews with legends like Mark Allen, Dave Scott, many more: https://www.youtube.com/...s?sub_confirmation=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If, as others have suggested, this will launch at the pro TT-bike then a lot of initial media will be in a UCI-legal guise. They may also make a integrated Tri version of the bike but the initial launch will be void of integrated bottles etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Patterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its mute point for me anyways, I'm still in negative a-gazillion brownee points at home after 'surprising' my wife with a new bike... for me.

I wont be buying anything for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oakie wrote:

I wouldn't worry (though it seems you're not allowed to be interested anyway...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely that's the trickle down version. The P-series equivalent for Canyon. Not a very attractive head tube/stem area. Looks like some kind of storage above the bottom bracket as well.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano mechanical with sram hydro brakes, like the mix and match you used to get on a lot of mountain bikes. If this is a spec choice it's good to see they've done this rather than the bulky and heavy trp hydros. Shimano still only do the expensive DA di2 hydro as far as I'm aware.

The headtube/stem reminds me a bit of the entry level speed concepts trek used to do with a standard stem, or the lower level felt IAs. Can't quite tell on where the front brake hose enters but if it's directly in front of the headtube then into the fork they've done a better job than the p series, less cable exposed but still easy to remove stem and bars for packing or stem length change.

I wonder if the slx model will utilise same frame but with a different integrated stem and bar that fills the gap, hides the cable and adds hydration, which could also be an option to upgrade to later? Makes much more business sense to only need to mould the one frame. Wait and see I guess.
Last edited by: jn46: Sep 22, 20 1:53
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes sense with a number of Canyon athletes co-sponsored with Swiss side that the latest gen Swisside / DT Swiss wheels are disc only.

Wonder if Swisside contributed to the new bikes design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:

Now give us the slx version! Looking very much forward to seeing that, hope they keep a lot of their great features
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you think the chances are that they show it tomorrow during the World TT Championships. Obviously without all the storage but this could what they are waiting for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any new leaks on the more top end version of this bike maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are releasing the new Aeroad on October 6th so they may release with that due to the aero nature of both bikes or wait 2 weeks after like they did between the new Ultimate the released the other day.

5-11 Oct is the Ironman VR world championships celebration so we may see something there.
Last edited by: Aarbiser: Oct 2, 20 3:58
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Aarbiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On October 06 there is a launch event. Don‘t know exactly what bikes they are showing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next