Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sunglasses with no top frame [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Another Smith user here. I'm pretty picky about eye-wear fit. Not sure what it is about my face and bone structure but many simply do not work fit for me, but I have been REALLY happy with the Smith Pivlock Attack Max - https://www.smithoptics.com/...tack-Max/p/ATMCMDMMW
FFS! For the sixth time he is after frameless on the top but with a bottom frame. Was the thread title 'Sunglasses with no top frame' not obvious enough...
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglasses with no top frame [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget those frameless safety glasses that gerlach uses. Those work great!

/pink ;=)
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Feb 27, 20 4:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FFS! For the sixth time he is after frameless on the top but with a bottom frame. Was the thread title 'Sunglasses with no top frame' not obvious enough...

Thank you.

Perhaps he will/can change his mind.

These will not work at all for him?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the knockoff flight jacket with 3 lenses off Aliexpress and think they are great for under $20. I run the clear lens for night riding but the other 2 lenses seemed clear as well. Just search for "cycling glasses" and you'll see tons of them. The frameless top is nicer on the aerobars. If I was serious about cycling I'd buy the real Oakley's, but just to experiment the knockoffs are good enough.

FYI, I later tried the knockoff Sutro glasses just for walking around but the smoke lens is ~30% thinner than the blue and clear lens. Weird, so I just use the blue lens. I think the Sutro would make decent safety glasses for yardwork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Fleck wrote:
Another Smith user here. I'm pretty picky about eye-wear fit. Not sure what it is about my face and bone structure but many simply do not work fit for me, but I have been REALLY happy with the Smith Pivlock Attack Max - https://www.smithoptics.com/...tack-Max/p/ATMCMDMMW

I'm gonna be naive and think this is genuine...thank you! I realize the title could have been better worded but my first 6 words of the post say I don't like frames bottoms!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Thank you.

Perhaps he will/can change his mind.

These will not work at all for him?

Not at all. I really, really dislike frameless on the bottom.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglasses with no top frame [Ttakata73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ttakata73 wrote:
I got the knockoff flight jacket with 3 lenses off Aliexpress and think they are great for under $20. I run the clear lens for night riding but the other 2 lenses seemed clear as well. Just search for "cycling glasses" and you'll see tons of them. The frameless top is nicer on the aerobars. If I was serious about cycling I'd buy the real Oakley's, but just to experiment the knockoffs are good enough.

FYI, I later tried the knockoff Sutro glasses just for walking around but the smoke lens is ~30% thinner than the blue and clear lens. Weird, so I just use the blue lens. I think the Sutro would make decent safety glasses for yardwork.

I just found those yesterday and I might pull the trigger on them, if only just to try them. Yeah, for right now, I'm definitely just after trying them out to see if it makes that much of a difference for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglasses with no top frame [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not at all. I really, really dislike frameless on the bottom.

Thank you.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Viking Eyewear.

I always come across them at an event expo.

I don't see the pair I use on their website, but I've purchased them a few times in person. They are definitely no top frame. Same reason you mentioned, for when in aero.

https://www.seeviking.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello teichs42 and All,

https://www.oakley.com/...variant=888392184221

Try Oakley EVZero Path Prizm Polorazied .... the world in technicolor ... you will be depressed every time you take them off.....

Lots of options in colors etc. .... mine look black .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the title should have been "... frameless on the top but not at the bottom"

Totally rameless complies with what you asked - they're frameless at the top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I got an under frame pair thinking that would solve fogging. Didnt notice a huge difference in aero because usually frame is by eyebrows anyway. But the reinforced frame at the hinges blocks my field of view when I look back over my shoulders and I actually find them dangerous for biking. So less frame doesnt mean better field of view definately try them on.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglasses with no top frame [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello teichs42 and All,

https://www.oakley.com/...variant=888392184221-sunglasses

Try Oakley EVZero Path Prizm Polorazied .... the world in technicolor ... you will be depressed every time you take them off.....

Lots of options in colors etc. .... mine look black .....

--

Love the new Oakley heater m frame sunglasses, any used them and can comment on how they perform?
Quote Reply

Prev Next