Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help me make up my mind: Specialized SL6 or SL7? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad. My apologies.
Grab the CF Sl 8.0 Disc, then.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me make up my mind: Specialized SL6 or SL7? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where can you even find an SL6. Seems to be sold out everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me make up my mind: Specialized SL6 or SL7? [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:

Have to do various searches if you actually want one, but they're out there. Odd timing for me to see the thread - just purchased SL6 a couple of hours ago, and it was definitely a pain to find what I wanted in my size.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me make up my mind: Specialized SL6 or SL7? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
tlc13 wrote:

Have to do various searches if you actually want one, but they're out there. Odd timing for me to see the thread - just purchased SL6 a couple of hours ago, and it was definitely a pain to find what I wanted in my size.

Mind me asking where you found it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.perryrubberbikeshop.com/...l6-comp-381849-1.htm

The model they have listed is the one I bought so it's no longer available. I looked for multiple weeks though. Go to specialized website, click find a retailer, then start looking and calling if that's what you truly want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:

I bought it at a shop that just happened to have it in stock. I actually went in with the plan to buy the Roubaix base model (nice matte blue), and upgrade from the Tiagra it came with. I saw the tarmac and wanted to ride it. I walked out with it.

The reason I asked the question is because I bought the SL6 on wed. and Tuesday the next week they came out with the SL7. I hadn't ridden the SL6 (other than test ride) because I had a vasectomy done and it was sitting waiting for a longer recovery. I called the shop, and they were willing to let me trade the bike back in and go with the 7.

I didn't expect to spend the original $4200. Wife approved :) But, when the SL7 came out, the SL6 dropped to $3800. That is why I was debating...SL6 at $3800 or go up to SL7 for 5k. My wife wasn't in love with the 5k price, but was willing to let me do it if I HAD TO have it.

I think I am going to just keep the SL6, get the aerofly 2 bars and save some money. I really would love to get the 7, but I wonder if they may do better colors (the expert in silver is really the best color option that I can afford. I like the blue/silver of the pro, but can pay 7k) next year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next