Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer Mat Recommendations
Quote | Reply
I need a mat for underneath my trainer set up. I currently have the interlocking squares and I am not a fan of them. Unfortunately, I have carpet where the trainer is so I need something that is wide enough to catch the sweat and I was thinking something that was harder rubber would be better.

Recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Mat Recommendations [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for a heavier rubber ive read good results people get with "horse mats" they can source from places like tractor supply. its essentially the rubber mats you see in all the gyms but not as fancy or name branded.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the one from wahoo and am more than happy with it (replacing a cheap "yoga" mat from Decathlon) - it's sturdy and very waterproof, easy to swipe the sweat pool after.

Also - wide enough that in 18months of use, never had any real sweat spilling outside of the mat area..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...1&th=1&psc=1
Last edited by: ThibThib: Aug 12, 20 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These generic mats are really nice and about 50% less than the name brands. I actually prefer it to my Cyclops. Been a long time since I used them on carpet though so I have kind of forgotten how they work on that. I would imagine very well on a less plush carpet and good on a plusher carpet although in that case you might want to go with something like the Tractor Supply heavy rubber that you often times see in gyms.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Aug 12, 20 8:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these from Amazon. They're a little pricier than some of the cheap alternatives, but they're great quality, wider than most mats, and you can get them in whatever length you need for your trainer/treadmill/Vasa/whatever else you plan to put on it. No matter what you go with, avoid the interlocking ones. Sweat always ends up seeping through the cracks and ruining the floor underneath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yikes wrote:
I need a mat for underneath my trainer set up. I currently have the interlocking squares and I am not a fan of them. Unfortunately, I have carpet where the trainer is so I need something that is wide enough to catch the sweat and I was thinking something that was harder rubber would be better.

Recommendations?

Rubber backed bath mat. I just rotate through a couple of them and throw them in the wash. They work great, are cheap, and you can keep them clean and stink free.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply