Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wireless shifting - can it go 'obsolete' over time, such as finding spare parts? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Rideon77 wrote:
Never buy 1st Gen anything.

I don't know. I'm on early eTap, and it's been drop-dead reliable over nearly 5 years, through some brutal conditions and crashes. Just absolutely zero problems.

And my early Wahoo Element Bolt has also been drop-dead reliable.
I agree having the first version eTap on the road bike but I think the only issue is the 11 speed blip box if you had it on a tri bike has had a few well documented issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless shifting - can it go 'obsolete' over time, such as finding spare parts? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Already seen it with Etap

What's been deprecated with Etap? I checked and all the major components I use (shifters, RD, FD) seem alive and well.

seems that way. A while back I was exploring various options and didn't see the non-AXS etap at any of the spots I looked, but now I see it on the website for my LBS. So it does appear alive and well. either I messed up or there was a short supply (or both)?

so that's good, and obsolescence for electronic components isn't quite the issue that is being suggested. Not nearly as bad as Garmin products. I'm trying to find a quick release strap for a Garmin 910xt. I've pretty much given up and will just go with the ugly strap mount thing until my budget allows for a proper cycling computer.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next