Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence
Quote | Reply
Hey all, been down a few avenues and not sure what to do now. Figured I'd bring it here and see if anyone has any advice.

I ordered a pair of shoes from Lintaman's website on Feb 10 of this year. I received an order confirmation that same day, and then radio silence.
I emailed them on March 7th, no response.
I emailed again on March 18th, and 12 hours later they sent two separate emails with slightly different wording apologizing for delays due to coronavirus, saying they would get back to me as soon as they could.
I followed up on April 7th, no answer. On April 29th, I asked for a refund. No answer. On May 14th I let them know I'd be working with my bank to dispute the charge (in hindsight, maybe not the best move). No answer.

I just spend over an hour with Chase and they said that it's been too long and I can no longer dispute the charge (so much for the Chase Sapphire Reserve customer service).

I've tried to be patient and I know these are difficult times for smaller companies. But I feel that with my $159.98 purchase I'm at least entitled to some communication.

Any thoughts on what to do? Or should I just suck it up and get over this first world problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [vonagut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd defo me moving credit card / banks from whomever it is saying 'too late' as that is total BS.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [vonagut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you only speak to customer service? Hopefully you got to the disputes department and was informed this was the case. A transaction from February should still be eligible for a dispute though...
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [awobabobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awobabobob wrote:
Did you only speak to customer service? Hopefully you got to the disputes department and was informed this was the case. A transaction from February should still be eligible for a dispute though...

Every bank will have a limit on how long you can leave it before requesting a charge back, changing banks will not make a difference. The only reason they might give you a refund now is as a gesture of goodwill to try and keep your business, but that would come out of their pocket. Your only option now would probably to go through small claims court, but it is probably not worth the effort for the amount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you didn't get your shoes Vonagut. I definitely won't be ordering from Lintamans now. There are way too many options out there for shoes. With Covid-19 forcing people to stay indoors even more it is not like they don't have enough time to at least send you an email.

I don't know. Maybe they just feel they are going to go belly up anyway so now is as good a time as any to keep accepting orders and milk it for all they can.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I am pretty bummed. I'm looking to try out a more midfoot cleat placement and I really like the idea of supporting small cycling companies (love my Dimond Marquise and all of my TriRig gear). But this time it just didn't work out. Hope other people can avoid the same issue. And if they do end up getting back to me I'll be sure to update here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a different user with the new bank comment.

I thought the timeframe was 6 months and turns out it’s only 60 days to dispute. Bummer that these circumstances didn’t allow any extension to that timeframe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been working for myself since 1994, if it were my company that would have never happened. But what would make it up in my eyes are 2 pairs of shoes whether they make a profit or not. I'm not going to pretend I know how much they profit but that is what I would offer with a sincere apology over the phone. Maybe even throw in a coupon for a future purchase. It takes a long time to get customers, but only a minute to lose them.

Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like some top notch service. Do you sell cycling gear, by chance? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah, that would be my dream job though. I've been kicking around an idea for a bike cafe, rental, retail/repair shop in my neck of the woods, especially since 2 or 3 closed after a natural disaster last year, and nothing has replaced them. It would be great if the wife signed on to that but would require far greater sales skills than I have to convince her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you tried to talk to a distributor or shop to see if they have any insights into the situation with the comapny/ for instance https://www.usjcycles.com/...djust-cycling-shoes/
look like they carry the shoes and if so they may have a way into the company customer service? just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
have you tried to talk to a distributor or shop to see if they have any insights into the situation with the comapny/ for instance https://www.usjcycles.com/...djust-cycling-shoes/
look like they carry the shoes and if so they may have a way into the company customer service? just a thought.

Just a heads up, but that store you linked to is based in Malaysia, so the OP might have something like a 12 hour time difference. Lintaman itself seems to be based in Taiwan, judging from the page manager's location on their Facebook (admittedly, this isn't clear). While their posts could well have been written by a native English speaker, that may not mean that everyone at the company can speak English well, so I wonder if there's something getting lost in translation. If the OP wants to try talking to a distributor, either the Malaysian or Singaporean distributors listed on Lintaman's FB page are almost sure to speak English. I grew up in Singapore.

Also, Charles Manatan of Pez Cycling (based in the US!) reviewed Lintaman in 2017. Perhaps he has a contact there?

That said, Lintaman's website contact info specifically says

Quote:
But please note, we are a small company with a lot of demand and sometimes that means we are slow to reply to your emails. We are not trying to be mean or ignore you, we are just trying to fill everyone’s orders. And since all our products are in the “never been done before” category, its a hard job. But we promise to check our emails on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays and on the other days we will try our best to check as well. So please do not take it personally if we do not get back to you right away, we are doing our best. And thank you for all your support!

I don't think this leaves the OP in a good situation. Lintaman could have gotten snowed under with Covid. Perhaps they were already on the margins before Covid, and Covid is either putting them under, or else they just can't cope. I don't think I'd hold out much hope for getting the shoes. If I were the OP, I'd try escalating the issue with Chase to a supervisor, and I'd make it clear that the company was promising to deliver but not following through. I don't think the credit card terms are written to allow you leeway there - the Chase FAQ does say you have 60 days from the charge first appearing on your statement to dispute it - but you could ask. Failing that, you could spam Lintaman's social media.

I guess this offers a word of caution about buying stuff online in the Covid era. If someone doesn't deliver the merchandise, you have to dispute the charge with your credit card company promptly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed them with questions about their shoes on July 13th, and they replied on July 14th.
Maybe try emailing yet again? Dunno, but def sounds like shit customer service once they have your $$.
The address I used was:
info@lintaman.com
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 12, 20 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for your troubles vonagut. Seems like first world contracts do to you what they do to everybody else and leave you out of pocket, with no product and no faith in the system anymore. Unfortunately just an observation from me. These type of threads are becoming all too common. For me taking a chance on an internet company is just not worth the risk any more. Its a shame because they can drive market prices to reasonable levels and keep the bigger companies in check. These days I am more inclined to walk into a shop to buy my product than ever before.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Lintaman took my money and didn't send product, now radio silence [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just one quibble: Also, Charles Manatan of Pez Cycling (based in the US!) reviewed Lintaman in 2017. Perhaps he has a contact there?
he is actually in Vancouver BC Canada.
Quote Reply