Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water
Quote | Reply
Falls hard quickly and breaks a couple ribs.

Good fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you oK? Did this happen to you?
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it mean I'm a bad person if I opened this hoping for a video. (I didn't know at the time about the broken ribs)
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please tell us you were not on a skim board. If you are over 30 you just don't belong on those things, trust me.
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posterior lower back ribs in very shallow water
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No surf boards for whole family with instructors
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Please tell us you were not on a skim board. If you are over 30 you just don't belong on those things, trust me.
Those things are injury magnets.
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Wakesurf boat. It pulls you along at 11mph. When you fall it is like falling in a pile of Marshmellow. I recommend Wakesurfing for old folks or people too old to learn to surf. It’s not the same buts good exercise and you can ride an endless wave
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [Abergili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to be a good sport for the family. I had no intention on becoming a surfer since we live too far from waves and I have other hobbies that interest me more
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [Abergili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Abergili wrote:
I have a Wakesurf boat. It pulls you along at 11mph. When you fall it is like falling in a pile of Marshmellow. I recommend Wakesurfing for old folks or people too old to learn to surf. It’s not the same buts good exercise and you can ride an endless wave

This! Seriously the most fun you can have and know that you aren't going to break something. Body is getting old, need the marshmellows :)

Quote | Reply
IDK wakesurfing is something we've been doing in the afternoon as a cool down fun. But I can't imagine getting the monster full-blown boat for it. the wakes are atrocious and really beating up the docks around here.

We hit the lake at 7am and slalom. My achilles is wrecked so did some footin' which is really good workout.

Blueseventy tri-suit torture test :). I thought I would have ripped it a few times - but it's been super tough.

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Old man tries new tricks - surfing in shallow water [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the nautique gs-22 it’s a crossover boat you can waterski behind it if there is no ballast. We go early for clean water and the only docks are in the harbor so we don’t wreck anyone’s property. I ordered extra bags and I’m going to see how big a wave I can make with 4200 lbs of ballast later this month. There has definitely been an uptick in the number of Wakesurf boats out there. I can understand it will kiss people off when people are inconsiderate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a super nice boat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have owned (in order) a dedicated ski boat, V-drive wakeboard boat, and currently a jet drive all-round boat. I have found that in order of physical workout ripping the slalom course wipes me out quickly, wakeboarding can lead to hard falls but is easier, so I often now mellow out on the wakeskate which still allows for the tricks but the falls are less harsh.
Haven't tried wakesurfing and in my lake the new breed of wakesurf boats are causing a lot of problems - well not the boats, but the drivers.
Quote Reply