Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ 2020
Quote | Reply
15 weeks to go.
Should I start thinking about training serious or race will be cancelled / postponed?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one knows. Train on.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [Schrute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would it get canceled or postponed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
15 weeks to go.
Should I start thinking about training serious or race will be cancelled / postponed?

Seems pretty unlikely to happen to me, but far enough off I guess you never know. Personally, I’m doing ~10hrs/wk of b+r and very limited swimming, will decide whether or not to do Ironman prep ~8wks out. One thing I’ve wondered recently ... this race used to be in April? Could they [try to] hold two of them next year? A rescheduled 2020 in April and a 2021 in Nov?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [Schrute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schrute wrote:
No one knows. Train on.

I think I'll save GMAN the trouble and say...uh...everyone knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely happening!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to start serious training in 2 weeks like it's happening.
If they cancel, they'll probably tell at least a couple of months before that. So this means only about a month of IM build instead of just general training. Not such a big risk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
15 weeks to go.

As if anyone knows for sure....

I'd say train as if, but don't be the slightest bit surprised when it gets postponed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't heard anything, I got out of shape. Time to set in and start training consistently. But lordy it's hot here.

I can tell you right now, the Union Pacific Bridge will likely be back online in a week or so. So the bridge won't be a what stops the race.

https://www.azcentral.com/...-rebuild/5576074002/

https://trn.trains.com/...dge-end-of-next-week

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
?...... what stops the race.......]

Covid.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

I can tell you right now, the Union Pacific Bridge will likely be back online in a week or so. So the bridge won't be a what stops the race.

Why would this bridge stop the race? Race does not go over it...
Last edited by: SwizBeats: Aug 10, 20 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwizBeats wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Sweet Summer Child. The run course goes under it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
SwizBeats wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Didn't know the fire was so bad that it impacted the below paths along the lake! Wow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The run into the turn around point goes under the bridge on the road, that is the same run in to the Finish. I don't know if you're being pedantic, but we had a decent conversation on if Union Pacific desired to replace the bridge and timelines of construction in the thread about the derailment.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SwizBeats wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
SwizBeats wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Didn't know the fire was so bad that it impacted the below paths along the lake! Wow!

StroBro made the effort and posted two links above to stories which both have pictures which show the bridge collapsed onto the park below...

this is a weird thread. this, and the OP seemed like a troll-like question given all the other threads on the general topic of whether races will go on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still training like AZ 70.3 is happening (minus regular swimming), but hoping that it gets cancelled. From what I read on ironman.com, deferral is not an option for 70.3 unless they cancel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If IMSG happens, I'd bet good money that IMAZ happens too. Either way you'll know in a few weeks.

Edit: well, f#ck me sideways, IMSG is cancelled. No IMAZ in 2020 I'd say.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Aug 10, 20 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
I'm still training like AZ 70.3 is happening (minus regular swimming), but hoping that it gets cancelled. From what I read on ironman.com, deferral is not an option for 70.3 unless they cancel.

This is the vibe I'm getting as well. I personally don't have any IM races I was scheduled for this year but have a client registered for 70.3 Waco in October. I emailed the race this morning asking what the hell was going on since he was starting to get pretty concerned that IM had made no official announcement despite Texas being pretty much on fire with COVID spread at the moment. Mentioned that I felt having the race was pretty irresponsible of IM on the part of the community as well as the athletes due to them wanting to try to do IMTX the day before at the same venue. I asked if they were providing athletes with any options due to the pandemic if they deem it unsafe to attend a race that ends up happening, especially with many participants being at risk due to age or having close relatives at risk. Response they gave me was along the lines of "yeah we're still planning to go forward with the event so if you don't want to show up you better use the general withdrawal option before the Sept 3rd cutoff."

So pretty much tough titties.

Robert Dao
ATC Racing - Austin, TX
Gold's Gym Triathlon Coach
@speedao1
@daotraining
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will be no 70.3. There will be no 140.6

You will just have to wait until <45 days to find out

http://www.TriScottsdale.org