Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has anyone upgraded a QR CDO.1?
Quote | Reply
Just looking for some upgrade ideas that some have completed. I don’t race that often so I don’t want to just buy a new bike (even though Allan Honda’s makes me want to sell a car :) I do have some maintenance required that is also driving my question and am pretty handy doing my own work. I have about 25,000 miles on a 2016 Ultegra model with dura ace C50 wheels.
My FSA headset has been giving me grief. New cables are needed as they were rubbing the stem cap). I have also been considering a bottom bracket which then makes me think of a new crank (also FSA).
I have the profile design T4 cockpit and an Xlab torpedo that seems to work pretty well.
What have you done or seen that makes sense?
Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone upgraded a QR CDO.1? [Jgill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'va got a CD0.1 that is prettt much completely upgraded; only thing not changed is the frame.

-Tririg Alpha One
-Tririg Omega X brakes
-Tririg closed back scoops
-eTap
-HED disc wheel
-Flo60 front
-Oval Concepts fork
-FSA Trimax 155mm crankset
-Speedplay zero pedals

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone upgraded a QR CDO.1? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
155 cranks
Tell us the story

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone upgraded a QR CDO.1? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's crazy.

I got a bike fit.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
It's crazy.

I got a bike fit.

Similar story for me. Was visiting Dallas a couple years ago, and dropped in for a fit session with Trent Nix. As part of that, one variation was crank lengths. The 155s were a revelation. Now I have Cobb 155s on my IA16. Love making those small circles.

For reference, I'm 5ft 7in, with 30in inseam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the ideas. All real nice upgrades. Seems like you over doubled the cost of the bike! The HED disc is the older style not the plus right? My current C50’s seem to max out the back with conti 5000 25mm on it. Did you change the fork to get the Flo wheel to fit or did you just have it available. I heard they were pretty aero but I thought they stopped making forks. I really don’t like the way the cables are done on mine and are in the way of any bento box. No good way to currently mount one without a long strap to go around the wires and head tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My HED is the older style. I've also got a 25mm GP5000s and the back is a bit tight. For the fork, my main reason for changing it was because I wanted to use the Omega X brake. The hardest part was finding a fork that was close to the geometry of the stock fork. Right now I have an Specialized Remora for a bento. I cut a hole in the front and routed the cables through the hole, through the bottom of the bento, and into the frame. When it's all assembled it looks pretty clean.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jgill wrote:
Thanks for the ideas. All real nice upgrades. Seems like you over doubled the cost of the bike! The HED disc is the older style not the plus right? My current C50’s seem to max out the back with conti 5000 25mm on it. Did you change the fork to get the Flo wheel to fit or did you just have it available. I heard they were pretty aero but I thought they stopped making forks.
I really don’t like the way the cables are done on mine and are in the way of any bento box. No good way to currently mount one without a long strap to go around the wires and head tube.

Here is an old post (post #23 of 24) I wrote about mounting a bento box to a CD0.1. It seemed to hide the cables pretty well. There is also a nugget in there about using a Felt water bottle as a storage option in the triangle of a CD0.1. I have since moved on from that bike, but still miss the long low geometry of it. Can't get anywhere close on many newer bikes.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Re%3A_Top_tube_bike_storage_options_%5BDarkSpeedWorks%5D_P6818005/#p6818005
Last edited by: Signal8: Aug 10, 20 20:42
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone upgraded a QR CDO.1? [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive. I have also heard of people drilling and installing nuts so you can just screw the new boxes on but I am not sure I want to do that. Maybe I could take it to someone who fixes carbon frames? I guess I have a few more options than I thought.
Quote Reply