Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does anyone say anything when they see people biking without helmets? [stuckinnj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the same. If I am going on a ride with friends and someone shows up without a helmet, either he/she goes home to get one or I abandon the ride. Why? I just don't want the burden or responsibility of taking care of someone who isn't wearing a helmet. And I don't care how experienced of a rider they are since all riders, even good one, are at the hands of bad car drivers.

That said, if I pass by someone (ie not riding with them) who is not wearing a helmet, I don't say anything.

stuckinnj wrote:
Curious why you would say something to someone riding with you - does that bother you more than a stranger?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone say anything when they see people biking without helmets? [stuckinnj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people are cycling at a speed less than 20 km/h. Perhaps you should wear a helmet while running if you think that speed is dangerous. I wear a helmet road biking because my speed gets higher.

Sometimes I take my dog for a run in a park and I ride my bike at 11 km/h with no helmet and occasionally a person will play god and make a mention I should have a helmet on. Those people are the dickhead idiots of society. Not only do they lack all rational thinking, they feel compelled to dictate how other people are to live their life.

Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
Those people are the dickhead idiots of society. Not only do they lack all rational thinking, they feel compelled to dictate how other people are to live their life.

Whoa, easy tiger! I agree they can be a bit obnoxious at times. But relax a little. You can just ignore them. They might be good at other things in their lives!

Also it would be irrational to conclude that because someone says one thing that you consider irrational that they "lack all rational thinking."
Last edited by: trail: Aug 9, 20 18:04
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone say anything when they see people biking without helmets? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well put.

Couldn't help but notice Joe B rode helmet-less (as were 4 out of 5 people in that clip). I do wish he did wear one in this case - setting example and what not.

It's usually the old dudes I see without helmets. It just looks odd to me more than anything. I notice and judge if I see someone in a group or going through traffic without a mask, but helmet, meh, their loss.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone say anything when they see people biking without helmets? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO its not all about the speed. When I cycle, I am on the road and am sharing it with cars whose actions that I cannot control. When I run, I am not in the street with cars, I am running on a sidewalk or paths....much less risk.
Quote Reply

Prev Next