Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Anyone changed their CF to Etap? Wondering where people have placed the blip box. Looking into purchasing one and installing Etap and the aeria stem and hydration unit.

Hopefully doing this over the weekend....provided my LBS gets the parts in tomorrow. Was thinking of mounting on top of the stem.

If I get it looking good will throw some pictures up after.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah looks sick - how tall are you bro?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Yeah looks sick - how tall are you bro?
6' 1" - like an average belgian
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [shakedown92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did put the blipbox into the bento. I have an Alpha One, so I have the small Bento. Looks great, from my point of view.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My XS 2019 women's CF 8.0 is on its way and I'm already researching how to personalize it -- at least in terms of hydration. I love the look/function of the Aeria system, but I wonder if it will be too tall for the XS frame. Has anyone on an XS frame managed to get it to fit? I'd need the 70mm stem.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Received my bike, yesterday, yay! Discovered damage on the non-drive side...boo. We believe it's from the front wheel rubbing while in the shipping box. Cosmetic, but it’s still a bummer. My 9 year old road bike doesn’t even have scrapes like that, not even after a paceline crash. We’ve already swapped the crank to one with smaller arms, so it would be a massive hassle to return — and no guarantee that a replacement wouldn’t also have similar issues. Is it common to have scuffs and scratches on a mail-order bike?

Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Last edited by: zoomydu: Jan 1, 20 11:36
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoomydu wrote:
Received my bike, yesterday, yay! Discovered damage on the non-drive side...boo. We believe it's from the front wheel rubbing while in the shipping box. Cosmetic, but it’s still a bummer. My 9 year old road bike doesn’t even have scrapes like that, not even after a paceline crash. We’ve already swapped the crank to one with smaller arms, so it would be a massive hassle to return — and no guarantee that a replacement wouldn’t also have similar issues. Is it common to have scuffs and scratches on a mail-order bike?
You should contact Canyon. I have bought 3 bikes from them and received all 3 in perfect condition. They'll offer you a replacement or maybe a discount.

Swapping the crank does not make it a 'massive hassle' to return. Just put the old one back on; takes less than 5 minutes...
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [shakedown92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at changing my front end to Sync Ergonomics extensions but don't think the current extension clamps will allow for this given the angled spacers and different arm cups. Does anyone know if it possible to purchase the stock extension clamps from the SLX model from Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
zoomydu wrote:
You should contact Canyon. I have bought 3 bikes from them and received all 3 in perfect condition. They'll offer you a replacement or maybe a discount.

Swapping the crank does not make it a 'massive hassle' to return. Just put the old one back on; takes less than 5 minutes...

Ha, it did turn out to be a semi-hassle, since the company's big cyber attack totally FUBAR'd their customer service email and phone. So I think I ended up sitting on that bike for about 10 days before I was able to talk to anyone. Since they only offered $200 for the damage, I decided to return it and order a 2nd bike, in hopes that it might be damage-free.

It just arrived yesterday, 1day shy of 5 weeks after I ordered the first bike. And it looks great -- phew! The box had damage (including a hole where a little skewer-end cover was poking through) like a slacker Ace Ventura had handled it, but the bike inside was free of any visible defects.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my Speedmax Cf 8.0 and was wondering what you all do for tube storage since there isn't the integrated compartment? I have the rear bottle holders so not much room for a bag below the saddle...
Last edited by: Arturner: Feb 9, 20 12:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedmax owners what crank based power meters are you are you running? I am happy with my Quark but now, with a Speedmax on the horizon, I wish I had bought the GXP and not the BB30. I am a Speedplay fan hence the crank based request. I have been advised on here before to avoid Shimano based pm's due to the inaccuracies with the non symmetrical crank. I already use DC Rainmaker for reviews but I am just interested to see what is working well for folks, specifically 24mm. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
east31 wrote:
Speedmax owners what crank based power meters are you are you running? I am happy with my Quark but now, with a Speedmax on the horizon, I wish I had bought the GXP and not the BB30. I am a Speedplay fan hence the crank based request. I have been advised on here before to avoid Shimano based pm's due to the inaccuracies with the non symmetrical crank. I already use DC Rainmaker for reviews but I am just interested to see what is working well for folks, specifically 24mm. Thanks!
Power2Max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was very impressed with my Power2Max pm a couple of years ago. Which cranks did you choose?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
east31 wrote:
I was very impressed with my Power2Max pm a couple of years ago. Which cranks did you choose?
It's still my old crank from 6-7 years ago that was on my previous TT bike. Rotor 3D with praxis chainrings, with the Classic P2M. The set has worked flawlessly over the years so while the bike is gone, i'm still using the crank and powermeter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. It's great to hear that your P2M is still going strong. I only hear good things about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
60mm aftermarket kit from Profile Designs. I have a large frame. Am 6'2", 187.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoomydu wrote:
My XS 2019 women's CF 8.0 is on its way and I'm already researching how to personalize it -- at least in terms of hydration. I love the look/function of the Aeria system, but I wonder if it will be too tall for the XS frame. Has anyone on an XS frame managed to get it to fit? I'd need the 70mm stem.

Did you manage to get an answer to this question around fitting the HSF Aeria system to your XS? Keen to do the same if it ill fit.
Quote Reply
Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone experience getting the rear bottle holder to work with an ISM saddle? Due to the drop down at the rear of the saddle, there isn't enough space to mount a cage and fit a bottle. Photo below shows a gap to the seat post and bottle still doesn't fit. Might need to custom print a wedge to get this to work??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [illesornayr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
illesornayr wrote:
Has anyone experience getting the rear bottle holder to work with an ISM saddle? Due to the drop down at the rear of the saddle, there isn't enough space to mount a cage and fit a bottle. Photo below shows a gap to the seat post and bottle still doesn't fit. Might need to custom print a wedge to get this to work??

Not sure I follow. I have the Canyon water bottle mount on both my Speedmax CF SLX and Speedmax CF with no issue (ISM and Cobb both used). I'm guessing your saddle is TOO FAR back which is what's happening.

FYI....your pic isn't attached.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: May 21, 20 5:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have developed a fully customizable hydration system for the Canyon Speedmax CF. With a total of 6 parameters, the system is specifically adapted to the individual needs of each athlete.
So it fits perfectly into the cockpit.
The system is mostly 3d printed.
The liquid is held inside in a bladder. The system is therefore completely safe to use and certified for use with food.
For more information and pictures, look at this Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJGrwVQRec
Visit my website:
https://3ddesignstender.com/...r-canyon-speedmax-cf

or PM me.

I will adapt der Custom Hydro Kit to other bikes and cockpits soon.

Looking forward to your reactions.

Regards,
Tim
3D Design Stender
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you would like to check out my solution...

https://3ddesignstender.com/...x-canyon-speedmax-cf

I also created a custom hydro kit to have a perfect adapted hydration system.
Its a fully customizable system. With a total of 6 parameters, the system is specifically adapted to the individual needs of each athlete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJGrwVQRec
https://3ddesignstender.com/...r-canyon-speedmax-cf

regards,
Tim
3D Design Stender
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [TStender] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any views on which Speedmax to go for...i'm torn between the CF and CF SLX.

To me, it seems that the main difference between two bikes are the integrated brakes and the hydration unit?

Wondering if the difference in price between two models (assuming same wheels, gears etc) is justified?

As background, this is my first TT bike (previously using road bike with clip on bars) so I'm leaning towards the Speedmax CF model as I get the impression that it might be more adjustable and suited to me given that I will be working on TT position more over coming years.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back to this.

Image below. Still having issues. Saddle position has been set with a bike fit so don't want to alter that at all. Does any have any suggestions to make this work. Currently run 2 bottles for training but want to revert to single bottle for race

https://imgur.com/LYgJcK6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of space here...

Last edited by: pawlaczynski: Sep 4, 20 0:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
illesornayr wrote:
Back to this.

Image below. Still having issues. Saddle position has been set with a bike fit so don't want to alter that at all. Does any have any suggestions to make this work. Currently run 2 bottles for training but want to revert to single bottle for race

https://imgur.com/LYgJcK6

Just looked at your pic. If you don't want to slide you seat forward just a few mm (which will NOT affect you bike fit), then your best option is to try the 2 bottle bracket that comes with that mount and see if you have better clearance. My guess is no since it's a little more erect than the single bottle setup like you have it. If neither of those solutions work, then a seat rail mounted bracket is what you are left with.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Sep 4, 20 4:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next