Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [leonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also run my pads in front of the extension clamp but in back position. I went from behind the clamp in forward position. I also use Cee gees pads but regular pads should be ok, just not as comfortable.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [leonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my pads out in front of the extension clamps as well.

Keep in mind how much extension movement you have to play with since moving the pads will effectively shorten the distance between pad and the end of the extension. Also, I do not think there is a way around moving the pad clamps without removing the bar-end shifters.

I find that I have moved my pads forward about as much as I wanted to without seeming just too far out there on the extensions. I also have my extensions just a bit past their labeled max clamping position...and this is why I just reached out on this forum for stem options :-)

If you just purchased the bike, did you have them cut the steerer to slam the IAx stem?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [bthiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies.

@bthiel - I don't believe so. Local bike shop built up but they didn't mention that they had to cut it down.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2 rear boxes for the Felt IA available for immediate shipment, these are brand new, never mounted. I normally sell these for $200, sale price $175.

Order it here https://custombikexcessories.com/...-ia-rear-storage-box and use coupon code slowtwitchfeltia for $25 off at checkout

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious here but what's the draw of your box over the Felt box? Magnetic lid?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His box is for the old Felt's that didn't have the mount holes for the Felt box.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
His box is for the old Felt's that didn't have the mount holes for the Felt box.

I do sell one for the frame that has the mount holes, it’s bigger than the one felt sells. I’ve sold a few already.

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone has earo data of the speedbox?
Does it reduce drag or increases it.?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek, which places their box in essentially the same position, always claimed it was drag neutral.
Felt seems to do the same when describing the storage options on their website for the IA:

Storage Solutions
The IA Disc comes equipped with Felt’s latest top tube storage solution, the integrated CALpac 2.0. This storage unit features ample space for all of the riding essentials to which a rider needs quick and easy access. Likewise, the IA Disc includes the BTSpac storage device, located behind the seat tube. This unit is ideal for a flat tire repair kit and/or on-the-go tool kit, or any other items that a rider doesn’t require while pedaling on the bike. It’s shape has been aerodynamically optimized for the IA Disc, meaning that it creates no penalty in terms of aerodynamic drag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a silly question. How adjustable is the cockpit of the Felt IA series? Superbikes like Cervelo P5 and Argon18 E119 have integrated stem which makes it hard for adjustment/fitting. What about Felt IA?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skyjuice wrote:
Just a silly question. How adjustable is the cockpit of the Felt IA series? Superbikes like Cervelo P5 and Argon18 E119 have integrated stem which makes it hard for adjustment/fitting. What about Felt IA?

There isn’t much adjustability in the base bar, it can be flipped to rise or lower the hand position. But there is a lot of adjustability in the aerobars both up and down and front to rear.

If you look in the manual that can be downloaded there is an image showing armpad stack and reach window for each frame size.

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skyjuice wrote:

The element that I've been missing lately is the (lack of) ability to angle the bar extensions in towards each other. They're straight out forward.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds pretty much like the P5, SC, 119 and the likes. How hard is it to replace the cockpit entirely to something different if fitting is non-optimal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's not unique to the IA, just something to be aware of. I think a lot of people swap to the TriRig Alpha X, but I'll let them chime in; I'm not sure about that.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking to purchase a power2max NGeco with 386EVO crankset for my 2012 Felt IA16 with a BB30 on it, does anyone have this setup? Any problems with clearance on the left chain stay? Any other crank suggestion?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I do sell one for the frame that has the mount holes, it’s bigger than the one felt sells. I’ve sold a few already.

Yann

FWIW: I have one of Yann’s direct Mount boxes on my IA2 and am happy to report I can now fit a spare, tire lever, two co2 canisters and a couple other things. OE Felt box barely held spare and one canister. High quality 3D printed carbon with a rare earth magnet closure.

Wife bought me a set of carbon wheels and am thinking of trying tubeless so all the above may be moot. Certainly not a dysfunction of his piece. I’d be open to selling mine if anyone is interested just DM me.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those the stock arm cups? I am having a heck of a time determining which Cee Gees are the correct version. I have a 2017 Felt IA 16.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaniD wrote:
I am looking to purchase a power2max NGeco with 386EVO crankset for my 2012 Felt IA16 with a BB30 on it, does anyone have this setup? Any problems with clearance on the left chain stay? Any other crank suggestion?

Thanks.
Your post is extremely confusing. There are 3 different points that make no sense to me, although the first may just be a typo.
1. The Felt IA10, 14 and 16 were only released in late 2015/early 2016. I'm pretty sure the "2012 Felt IA16" does not exist.
2. As far as I'm aware 386EVO is not a crankset, it's a BB standard similar to BB30.
3. Why would you have clearance issues on the left chainstay when the power meter is spider based and therefore is located entirely on the right hand side of the bike.

I have an early Felt IA14 and fitted it with a Power2Max NGeco 2 years ago. It fits just fine, but then there's really nothing sticking out anywhere that could cause a problem.
Mine is fitted with Rotor 3D+ cranks and Rotor NoQ chainrings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bthiel wrote:
Are those the stock arm cups? I am having a heck of a time determining which Cee Gees are the correct version. I have a 2017 Felt IA 16.

Yes those are the stock arm cups but you need to change the velcro since the Cee Gees pads are the opposite of stock Felt.

I used these https://ceegees.com/product/felt-bayonet/

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Psa a reputable Amazon seller has the 2019 IA10 for $3300 new,sizes 48 , 51 and 54 (listed separately). Just ordered mine, excited about di2 for the first time!
Link to amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/...593650033&sr=8-1

Does anyone know the weight of the Devox 35a wheelset? I'm wondering if this would be an upgrade if I moved them to my roadie that has stock Bontragers.
Last edited by: CP78: Jul 1, 20 17:41
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A reputable seller? It is sold by Felt. Hence the listing saying "by Felt"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought from Wheel and Sprocket many times. Always good service from them.

That same bike is on Ebay from Wheel and Sprocket.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats great. Yes the Amazon purchase is from Wheel and Sprocket. They were very responsive to my questions.

The above poster seems to be confidently confused and think it was from Felt, all he had to do was scroll down to see the seller on Amazon is not Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing like resurrecting a thread :)

I'm looking to go tubeless on my IA10 and wondering does anyone know the max rim width it will take.
The wheels I'm looking at have an external width of 27.5mm.
My next race is on a notoriously puncture riddled course
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [garboticas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the 25mm wide HED Jet Plus rims with out any issues. What rear brake are you using? If it’s the FSA direct mount brake that the bike came with before the switch to Shimano rear brake the brake may be limiting the width. My bike is from 2017 and came with that brake.

Personal best:
Quote Reply

Prev Next