1. disc brake.
2. basic road geometry, nothing fancy.
3. my fit coordinates suggest a frame stack of 575mm to 590mm, and a frame reach of 390mm to 400mm, for the most elegant front end config.
4. i like longish chainstays. at least 415mm.
5. i'm adamant about being able to change my stem, and to change it without having to unroute and reroute a rear brake hydraulic line.
6. i'll be riding 2x.
7. i'd like to suppport a tire clearance of at least 30mm.
i'm not that picky about frame aerodynamics. like a fairly sprightly steering, but i also like a pretty stiff (but not tanklike) front end, and those sort of counter each other. this typically means a trail of 55mm or less. but i can get used to whatever the bike delivers.