Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Your LR ticket
Quote | Reply
Hawley JSA 2024

(Please note Canadians that your locked in to Prince Charles and are all ineligible to be President of the US unless born here)
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for that I'll throw in Sanuk/Captain Canada.

Suck it long, and suck it hard, windy.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Hawley JSA 2024

(Please note Canadians that your locked in to Prince Charles and are all ineligible to be President of the US unless born here)

Uh... Obama was born in Kenya. So suck it.

BLeP Windywave 2024

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman and JSA I want a balance ticket.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chainpin and TheForge

How else are we going to outcrazy the current crazy?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh. I'll still throw away my vote with a third party.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I’m nobody’s VP.

#CCforprez2020

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've given you my answer on this but will state it again here by re-quoting a fellow alumni from the banks of the Hudson River.

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected."

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
i've given you my answer on this but will state it again here by re-quoting a fellow alumni from the banks of the Hudson River.

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected."

All well and good, but there's no getting out of it!

As another (possibly even more distinguished) alumnus said, no-one "has the right to state, categorically, that he will not perform any duty that his country might demand of him".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's my running mate? I'm cool with being VP.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jul 15, 19 14:50
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Look. First i will say up front that this is just make believe shit and i'm not taking it seriously.

Windy's query does bring a good question to the fore tho. Who do we want to represent us in our Republic in the various elective offices. Personally i am VERY leery of a professional political class and am even more suspect of bringing in professional military folks.

i'd love to see more veterans among our representatives if for no other reason than that they know the cost of political decisions to send our young men/women into harms way. For that I'd look to National Guard veterans, US Army Reserve Veterans, and those who've served in regular force but retired after a few years due to other interests or injuries.

Again, on a personal level i think it's not a good thing that President Trump has surrounded himself at times with a bunch of retired military professionals. Don't look to us to bail your ass out. Don't create a praetorian guard. that is just anathema to what I personally have sought to protect and preserve.

I don't want to denigrate anyones service but I've been out there on point--literally for years. I'm just tired. I've been broken, spindled, mutilated, shot at, blow up, mortared, shelled, rocketed, dropped down cliffs, parachute malfunctions. I'm gonna take a knee now and putter around on my gentleman's farm; ride my moto; go fly fishing; do some deer hunting; watch some football. Spend as much time as i can with a wonderful woman who has held down the home front for 33 years while i was off doing the Nation's business.

that's my answer back to Ike

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

Look. First i will say up front that this is just make believe shit and i'm not taking it seriously.

Windy's query does bring a good question to the fore tho. Who do we want to represent us in our Republic in the various elective offices. Personally i am VERY leery of a professional political class and am even more suspect of bringing in professional military folks.

i'd love to see more veterans among our representatives if for no other reason than that they know the cost of political decisions to send our young men/women into harms way. For that I'd look to National Guard veterans, US Army Reserve Veterans, and those who've served in regular force but retired after a few years due to other interests or injuries.

Again, on a personal level i think it's not a good thing that President Trump has surrounded himself at times with a bunch of retired military professionals. Don't look to us to bail your ass out. Don't create a praetorian guard. that is just anathema to what I personally have sought to protect and preserve.

I don't want to denigrate anyones service but I've been out there on point--literally for years. I'm just tired. I've been broken, spindled, mutilated, shot at, blow up, mortared, shelled, rocketed, dropped down cliffs, parachute malfunctions. I'm gonna take a knee now and putter around on my gentleman's farm; ride my moto; go fly fishing; do some deer hunting; watch some football. Spend as much time as i can with a wonderful woman who has held down the home front for 33 years while i was off doing the Nation's business.

that's my answer back to Ike

/r

All flippancy aside, well said.

V/r
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Your LR ticket [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Chainpin and TheForge

Chainpin did say he was working on something huge. Maybe he was talking about the presidency.
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Chainpin and TheForge

Chainpin did say he was working on something huge. Maybe he was talking about the presidency.
But was he working on something yuge ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Are you talking Cuban cigars?
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hawley JSA 2024

BLeP Windywave 2024

Have you a PAC?

Where do I send my one Canadian Penny?

Is this the Grand Ole Moose Party?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Just had to break the rules didn't you?
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hawley JSA 2024

BLeP Windywave 2024

I want to be ambassador to Canada with a no trade clause, not VP
Quote Reply
Re: Your LR ticket [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Who's my running mate? I'm cool with being VP.

You can't nominate yourself

TheForge Tigerchik 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

I would hope not, but if you do I have some Eastern European guys that are good at election social media
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattSF (pres) Record10t(vice)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Hawley JSA 2024

Just bringing this back due to today's fun and games
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman/Slowguy

Just to confused the shit out of everyone.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next