Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Arizona
Quote | Reply
What are the odds IM Arizona happens this November?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [MadPansy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My hope is 50-50, but reality slim to none!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The surest bet is that you won't find out until October :)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
The surest bet is that you won't find out until October :)

That might be too soon...I'd guess they will have the "official announcement" that first week in November.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the governor declared AZ open for pro sports this week. That’s not the same as having a 2500 person race, but it seems that nutty states like AZ will be the first to allow these events.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that's spectator free though.
Didn't read the announcement yet.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the time November comes around, we are all likely to be enduring another shelter inlace order...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#truth

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zero.zero percent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe, i'm not 100% sure of the local politic...but as a canadian, it's very unlikely that i will be able to travel there

(I'm expecting that either the Fed, the Province or my employer will impose a quarantine for anyone travelling to the US until their is a vaccine)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess that 90% us will be bankrupt and unemployed by November if things are not back to normal by then.

IMAZ will be the least of our worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highly likely. Pools were authorized to open yesterday. Gyms open on Monday.

I'm registered for it. Also expect Ironman Florida to occur as well. The races that seem touch and go right now are those in late Summer depending on what state they're in.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such doom and gloom. Uninspiring...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Part of me hopes so. It is my A race for the year and will be my first 140.6. I'm still training like it will happen, but with reduced swimming (obviously).

At the same time, it's difficult to say from an organizational standpoint, with so many people unable to swim currently to train, at what point is it a liability putting athletes in the water? Also what is the likelihood that whatever new rules/laws local governments put in place regarding people gathering in large groups will play an impact in bringing 2500+ people together at the race site? What if athletes simply don't feel personally safe in that kind of environment?

If they hold the race, will they allow athletes to defer/transfer based on those reasons, or others that are Covid-19 related? I think unfortunately it's just still too far away to know anything for sure.

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't get me wrong, I hope we can *safely* gather and race IMAZ too! It is my A race and had my eyes on a PR!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

I'm registered for it. Also expect Ironman Florida to occur as well. The races that seem touch and go right now are those in late Summer depending on what state they're in.

Pools were authorized to open yesterday in Arizona? Really?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

What is dangerous about a pool opening? I never understood pools fully closing. Just restrict/limit access, no locker rooms, and enforce 1 person/lane.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

What is dangerous about a pool opening? I never understood pools fully closing. Just restrict/limit access, no locker rooms, and enforce 1 person/lane.

Me neither. Was just wondering where the pools are opening up. Kinda envious :)

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m with Jake here as this is my A race, and first 140.6, for 2020 with DSM 70.3, now 10/4, as my B race. Fairly bullish that IMAZ will go off unless there’s some level of Federal mandate to say otherwise. I will say Thank God that IM DSM was postponed as just did my first swim (lake) in 10 weeks and I’ll just say I have some work ahead of me. Be Well and Stay Safe all.

H4L
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Yes they were. It was announced on Tuesday. The pool in my community was opened on Wednesday. I expect we'll start seeing moves from municipality owned pools to start opening next week, don't expect locker rooms though. I just checked, Scottsdale pools open on 26 MAY.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: May 14, 20 16:41
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Zero.zero percent

I just don’t understand people sometimes...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. That's great news.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Yes they were. It was announced on Tuesday. The pool in my community was opened on Wednesday. I expect we'll start seeing moves from municipality owned pools to start opening next week, don't expect locker rooms though. I just checked, Scottsdale pools open on 26 MAY.

Just out of curiosity (as someone who doesn't live there) what is the general feeling there about business opening up/people gathering? I only ask because while 1) pools opening there helps folks there, but not the rest of the country that may be closed, and 2) a pool with limited access is a lot different than putting 2500 people in transition/swim start.

Awesome your pools are opening up though!

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What, that someone asked for people's opinion and I gave mine?

What troubles you about that?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry wasn't aware you got your inspiration from someone you've never met on the internet. /shrug
Quote Reply

Prev Next