Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scicon makes amazing bags that allow you to leave bars alone. Huge help with the Trinity front end. I just bought one for 50% off with Black Friday sales. Check if the sale is still going!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks just bought yours off eBay. Pete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [pman928] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pman928 wrote:
Thanks just bought yours off eBay. Pete

Glad you found it there.

-Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm sent

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
What travel case is everyone using to fly with? I will be flying to California this year for IM Santa Rosa. Any recommendations for a case to fly with?

I use a Bonza, it's been all over Europe and Middle East and will go to Oceanside in April. Easily takes my Large Trinity & has the added security of anti crush poles which a fair few boxes lack. The new Bike Box Alan that you can fit a TT bike in without taking the cockpit apart looks a great box, but it must tip the scales loaded close or over the weight limit as does the Thule Trip Transition with it's built in bike stand.

Some good deals out there on the Bonza, I think probikekit was cheaper than buying direct from Bonza.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the insight. Definitely wanting something harder. I have talked with the crew at bike box Alan. I’ll check out the Bonza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're only travelling once, might be worth hiring a box, plenty of people rent the Alan for weekends and longer.

When tribiketransport quote something like €900 for a bike to NZ for IM 70.3 WC, no refunds whatsoever & only insure it for €3000 and an excess of €500 on your transition bag it makes buying a decent hard case a no brainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great solution! I did something similar with the bridge except I just zip tied the cage on rather than drilling.

Has anyone had issues with the brakes on their Trinity? Both front and rear brakes on mine are temperamental. One caliper always moves towards the wheel before the other side which means the pads aren’t contacting the wheel evenly.

Not sure if this has any negative impact on braking or the wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 1. I recently started riding it again on the trainer. When I go into the aero position it seems as though my base bar is cracking/creaking. I was wondering if any of you had this issue? I made sure the area was clean and also that screws were tightened. Let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [doylew66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this issue, for me the issue was the bolt that holds the baseball to the stem. was too tight. This is not the bolt from above but the one that is inside the stem and underneath the basebar.

Buzz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robijo11 wrote:
Great solution! I did something similar with the bridge except I just zip tied the cage on rather than drilling.

Has anyone had issues with the brakes on their Trinity? Both front and rear brakes on mine are temperamental. One caliper always moves towards the wheel before the other side which means the pads aren’t contacting the wheel evenly.

Not sure if this has any negative impact on braking or the wheels.

On the front, there's a small 2mm hex bolt that will move the caliber in/out. Try messing with that but don't strip it! (I rounded mine and now it's stuck).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Which upper nose cone should I fit?

I guess one just raises the base bar 30mm, but, might look better with the flat one and just flipping th ed base bar?

Thanks,

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need an aero stem / nose cone for my 2014 trinity Advanced SL....It’s a large frame that I purchased and didn’t include the nose cone....Please let me know if any has a nose cone stem assembly OR if anyone has simply used an aftermarket stem and bars...

I realize I will lose the “aero” benefits of I depart from the OEM stem but just want to get the bike functional.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Danmack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should check https://www.giantbikespares.com/ to see if you can get the OEM stem for it.

-Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

If you are looking I have a prolite vicenza wheel which has both a road and track hub for sale
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Leesonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to find the part number or a link to buy (UK) a spare rear derailleur hanger for my

GAINT TRINITY ADVANCED PRO 1 ( Orange & Black)

Does anyone have the number stamped on it etc

Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what you need.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-40205

Or if you want a non OEM part.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...posite/dp/B07NZ7FLYX
Last edited by: Pathfinder: Feb 17, 20 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathfinder wrote:
This is what you need.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-40205

Or if you want a non OEM part.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...posite/dp/B07NZ7FLYX

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What degree D2Z classic extension bars are these? I'm attempting to mimic this setup. 35 or 40 degrees?
Last edited by: Radkoski: Mar 8, 20 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Radkoski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The D2Z bars are the D2Z Classic 40 degree poles.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those with etap, how are you routing the blips/clicks. both the extensions and basebar. are you routing through the basebar internally? pics would be great too!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d be interested in a more elegant solution too. I struggled with the extension wiring
Last edited by: pman928: Apr 5, 20 8:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Danmack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would trade one of mine for some of the break bits LOL
But mine are for the small frame.

I should have done some more research on these frames before buying, parts are REALLY hard to come by.

I've been hunting for the cable stops for the brake system, I have both calipers but am missing the cable stops. :S
the only thing i can find is to purchase a hole new front and back brake system from giant spares.
any one have any hints on the brake cable stops and the small metal tube?

I also have the same issue for the seat post, option to buy a whole new seat post when all i need is 20mm of spacers
anyone have some cut off seat post lying around?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done something similar with my 2020 Trinity regarding modifying for Etap and it is working really well. Am also using the Fouriers 15degree angled spacers that rises not only the pads but the bars too. They only took about a week to arrive here in Ireland code to google is 'Fouriers ADP15'.
Below is a link to a Youtube video of my full setup, I'm not exactly a creator so the quality is fairly awful but some might find it interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/...Y51Xror2l6Y&t=2s

I have a question regarding travel. I currently have a Bike Box Alan which worked easily with my Spesh Shiv but i can see traveling with the trinity being more complicated. What solutions have poeple come up with other than a complete disassembly?

CMCD
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [CMCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question: I have a 2018 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 2 (Small) that I would like to upgrade to Di2 (BTW: For shifting, just going with the Di2 TT upgrade kit with bar end shifters). Does anyone know off hand the correct length of ED-SD50 connecting wire to use for installation?
Quote Reply

Prev Next