Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 'Runn' Treadmill Sensor [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there’s a max incline for the runn? My treadmill goes up to 40%, just want to make sure that the design can accommodate it and that it is capable of measuring that level of incline
Quote Reply
Re: New 'Runn' Treadmill Sensor [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:
Does anyone know if there’s a max incline for the runn? My treadmill goes up to 40%, just want to make sure that the design can accommodate it and that it is capable of measuring that level of incline

i don't know. but i did just post an update on this device to the front page.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:

From what I've seen, it will measure any grade, so basically straight up in the air if you have the unit positioned that steep.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: New 'Runn' Treadmill Sensor [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
CaliB wrote:

From what I've seen, it will measure any grade, so basically straight up in the air if you have the unit positioned that steep.

Thanks Dan and W. That helps.
It does feel like it’s straight up! If you see someone going at 1min per mile on zwift it’s probably me on my killer 40% !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone else do the firmware update and now get wacky incline data? i also have the nordic track incline, so inclines up to 40%, and i use the 20-30% frequently. prior to firmware update, the Runn captured this accurately and gave good climb data. now it only registers like 5%, so elevation is way off
Quote Reply
Re: New 'Runn' Treadmill Sensor [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jflan wrote:
anyone else do the firmware update and now get wacky incline data? i also have the nordic track incline, so inclines up to 40%, and i use the 20-30% frequently. prior to firmware update, the Runn captured this accurately and gave good climb data. now it only registers like 5%, so elevation is way off

Sorry to hear that your incline is not working properly. I did the firmware update and incline matches 2 different apps on 2 devices. I did find mounting the device level more of a challenge than I expected as the smallest change could sway the reading a couple percent either way. This is my fault as I used hook and loop tape to mount the unit and grade varies a bit during my runs. Cadence is much better but it still under reports even after following NPE's procedure to increase sensitivity, possibly another side effect because of how I mounted it. Too bad they didn't use an algorithm to bias cadence towards recent higher readings. The intermittent 0 speed phenomena I was seeing before the update is now gone which is the main benefit for me.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: New 'Runn' Treadmill Sensor [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience using one of these with a treadmill belt that has branded writing on it? I'm looking to buy a Sole treadmill, and the belts say "SOLE" in big white letters down both sides of the treadmill. By the looks of it, it is 2x each belt rotation on both sides.

From the looks of it, this may just mean I need to be finicky about how I adjust the Runn, since the letters don't go all the way to the edge of the treadmill - but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in this type of thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next