Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Deboer wetsuits [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be coming up this week guys....
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Monty... an update on the wetsuit review ? (sorry to bother you, just curious)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Should be coming up this week guys....

I purchased my last wetsuit because of your review and was very happy with it.

In the market for a new suit

Any update?
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 19, 19 20:44
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to the Deboer rep Daniel who took time to let me try one of the suits today at IMMT.

I don't know if its the perfect suit for me or not, but I gotta say, it was damn impressive. Way more shoulder flex than not only other one piece suits I've tried (roka maverick, b70 helix, huub arch), but more than my Desoto as well.

After trying did you buy one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to the Deboer rep Daniel who took time to let me try one of the suits today at IMMT.

I don't know if its the perfect suit for me or not, but I gotta say, it was damn impressive. Way more shoulder flex than not only other one piece suits I've tried (roka maverick, b70 helix, huub arch), but more than my Desoto as well.

No. Wouldn't rule it out 100%, but it is pretty damn expensive...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

No. Wouldn't rule it out 100%, but it is pretty damn expensive...

So anyone on this entire site buy a deBoer wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't for 2 reasons:
1. Price
2. I did notice a lot of water entering the back of neck area, despit being careful with size selection and putting the suit on properly, with the Deboer rep.

If it works for you and you don't mind the price, its super comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My review is in the can, should be out soon..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Unfortunately too late for me

I got a ROKA on their Black Friday sale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Is there a link to the review?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

They have a promo going on

Send in your old wetsuit get $500 off

Any chance the review will be up soon Monty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dont think I every saw monty's review, was it ever confirmed what kind of rubber is used in these suits?
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Frodo vid up I see

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I am in the market for a new wetsuit again

Is there a link to this review?
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Does this look like competition that will drive down other companies prices?

While its good to see more players in the market for sure, it doesn't seem like this is going to be a brand that appeals to the normal consumer. Frodo is flashy and lives a life of luxury (at least on social media). For sure people will be buying these because of him but lets be real; those are absurdly priced. I'm sure they'll release lower priced but models in the future though.

Jaysus! $1600.... I seem to be going OK in my 7 year old $90 Xterra wetsuit. I think if people are thinking it will take them from an MOP to a FOP swimmer, they will end up very disappointed and also broke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Where did the review go?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
lassekk wrote:
i might be able to find this info else where but is the wetsuit targeted good swimmers/all swimmers or something else? from what i read the diff. between the two suit is warmth.
But as know from other brands their very top line suit has less bouyancy as it is for the elite with good form. Is this the same case or?

Both the Fjord and the Floh are targeted towards all swimmers. With the materials we developed we did not have to sacrifice buoyancy for flexibility. You're right, it really is warmth between the two suits. The Fjord's arms are only 0.3mm thick, so they don't provide a lot of warmth, but they do offer incredible shoulder mobility.

I can totally relate to a product being expensive. Never heard anyone complain about a 45.000 euro bike of Filipo Ganna. This insanely expensive, but a no-compromise product specifically build for the purpose this bike has. The same goes for a lot of products alike of the greatest athletes of this planet. So when you call this a no-compromise product I can totally relate to a high price, but in the post quoted above you state that it's meant for the average Joe as well. Make a choice: either it's meant for everyone and priced accordingly, or it's a no-compromise product meant for the greater athletes of the planet and not primarily to make money out of.

Now I'm not saying that 1500 euros for a wetsuit meant for the average Joe is extreme, as quality has its price. Buying a 1000 dollar shed or 20.000 dollar shed in your garden means there is some difference in quality somewhere even though the size might be the same. But don't say a no-compromise product is meant for us mortals as well, that's impossible.

Jacob

- Owner of VĂ©lofysics; helping athletes beat their version of yesterday -
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [Velofysics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are not mutually exclusive

Maybe it’s for the average Joe who wants others to know/think they have a lot of money

Some people want the best, read most expensive, for no other reason then owning the item.
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 12, 21 4:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Average Joe spends years with a wetsuit that has holes in it. I don't think this one would fit the mold for that!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of holes, the material on the neck and arms is ultra thin-what happens when this tears or gets holes in it?
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like anything else, you fix it, leave it that way, or replace it.
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Like anything else, you fix it, leave it that way, or replace it.

For those who have trouble with lateral thinking I'll rephrase the question a little clearer for you... The material used is unlike anything used on other wetsuits and definitely not something a run of the mill surf or tri shop would want to/ or be able to repair. It's generally not something you could repair yourself.

So, when the inevitable happens what are the options-do Deboer have a repair solution? I wouldn't want to get in the habit of replacing an ultra expensive wetsuit all the time...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those who are worried and actually thinking about buying it, might want to consider asking Deboer. They might have a "contact us" link on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Deboer wetsuits [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
For those who are worried and actually thinking about buying it, might want to consider asking Deboer. They might have a "contact us" link on their website.

Obviously, but I'm posing the question here for hopefully real world experience of people who have bought the suits and or experienced these problems.

Hopefully they offer repair options and customer support in line with the premium products they are selling
Last edited by: lastlap: Feb 8, 22 1:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a sale on The Fjord 2.0. The size large sold out in the mens....
Quote Reply

Prev Next