Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Yann,

Just saw the latest version on your YT channel.

Looks excellent.

Much delays with your suppliers or when do you think these may be shipping?

Great work.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [TriFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the long period of silence, I've finally nailed down the problem of the top of the fuelselage staying put in the box when opening the fuelselage lid. I received the first batch of production boxes (4 of them) yesterday and was able to test fit the fuelselage in it. Very happy with the result, especially proud of the hinge for the rear lid, I spent quite a bit of time getting that right.

see video below,

Sorry about the breathing. :-)

I mailed out 4 to the first 4 people who ordered and I ordered a bunch more this morning that I should receive in about 3 weeks and will mail out to the others who ordered. I apologize for the delay

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Apr 4, 20 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is looking great, congrats!

- Antony Costes -
PhD in Biomechanics / Professional Triathlete (9 pro wins)

"If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it."
Lord Kelvin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you going to send one to ben?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work Yann - this looks like a winner!

Can't wait to receive it :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received mine yesterday afternoon and went for a ride almost immediately.

Build quality looks great. Install was trivial, remove two bolts, remove bento box, install new one, install two bolts. The box is exactly what I expected.

A few observations:
  • One thing I did not think about, you have to put the reservoir in the frame before filling it up. Not a big deal but it means I need to carry a bottle out to the bike to fill it up.
  • The reservoir does not come with a bite valve. I had assumed that I would replace it with one immediately, however, after using it I may not care.
  • I left the hose a little long while I figure out exactly where I want it to go. I haven't yet figured that one out. I want it long without sticking up in the air or interfering with the watch mount, hands, etc.
  • It seems that with careful placement of the magnet you just might be able to drop the hose and have it land on the magnet.

Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomljones3 wrote:
I received mine yesterday afternoon and went for a ride almost immediately.

Build quality looks great. Install was trivial, remove two bolts, remove bento box, install new one, install two bolts. The box is exactly what I expected.

A few observations:
  • One thing I did not think about, you have to put the reservoir in the frame before filling it up. Not a big deal but it means I need to carry a bottle out to the bike to fill it up.
  • The reservoir does not come with a bite valve. I had assumed that I would replace it with one immediately, however, after using it I may not care.
  • I left the hose a little long while I figure out exactly where I want it to go. I haven't yet figured that one out. I want it long without sticking up in the air or interfering with the watch mount, hands, etc.
  • It seems that with careful placement of the magnet you just might be able to drop the hose and have it land on the magnet.

Thanks for the first review and the picture. Could you email me a few pictures at yann@custombikexcessories.com to use on my website and instagram/facebook?

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, and now I'm jealous I don't have a PX series bike because this makes the set up about perfect.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I'm so happy I ordered! And the box with magnet looks just perfect!

And for the ones who are wondering if the magnet is strong enough, I ordered an additional one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.de/...m_apap_jt456EOKnFK6U

Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [TriFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm working on a longer version of a bento box to store more stuff in it for a customer in Indonesia with P5X small. Anyone in the san francisco bay area have a p5x or p3x small I could take some measurements off of?

if so, please PM me.

thanks

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another batch of boxes arrived from the printing service today. Prepping them for shipping out tomorrow.

Another batch arriving tomorrow that I will ship out Thursday or Friday. All orders will be fulfilled by Friday. I apologize for the delay in getting these out.

Thank you all for your orders.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some pictures I received from a customer who purchased the bento adapter.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear fellow Cervelo-riders,

I have been forwarded to this Thread through the FB group "Cervelo Owners and Fans" and Yann's solution looks promising, I'm really impressed! Since you've been using this for a couple of weeks, I'm interested about your experiences, and specifically whether it drinks easily and can you refill the reservoir from a bottle while cycling?

I have a P3X in size XL, do you have any tips on what to order? I'm thinking:

1. This product from Yann's website: what size?
2. The Shiv Fuelselage II: what size?
3. I've read something about ordering a different hose, is that advisable?
4. Further tips on mounting: where / how do you attach the hose and what extra do I need (to order) for that?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Sjaak from Amsterdam

P.S. any picture available from the product on a black/red P3X?
Last edited by: GSV: May 30, 20 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [GSV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 - no size difference.
2 - the M/L Fueselage
3 - no need for diff straw, I use standard one and bite valve and its perfect
4 - you need nothing.
My hose is attached via the standard magnet on my extension. Hose runs inside my arm and hidden from wind.
I'll try add more pics in a few but my photobucket account is expired.

Regarding refilling on fly, my frame is a size small and I can fit both Fueselage. The small fuelselage has zero issues refilling.
The large has a slight issue depending on if I've fitted it right or not. This is as not as much room in frame and requires a little more care on mounting.
Once fitted right, you simply squeeze bottle 3 or 4 times and it all rushes in without filling up slowly.

Really an excellent modification.
Let me try Pics now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJTrrzZGLnyj-qC22j88ta1pFQSym3PH/view?usp=drivesdk
Last edited by: Fazz: May 31, 20 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your sharing your info Fazz, highly appreciated. I assume that because I have an XL-framesize I can use the big fuelselage without the little issue that you have. It also looks good on your black and red! Two weaks ago I've ordered some Xlab Gorilla cages (normal and XT for behind the saddle) so as soon as they are delivered I will try to use a BTA again. The Aeria is likely to be removed, because it doesn't fit well on the stem/bars, and also I have troubles sucking the water all the way up. How is your experience with that in your Fuelselage? Can you easily suck it all up untill it's totally empty?
Cheers, Sjaak
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [GSV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick note - the fuselage you link to is not the right fuselage.

This is the one you need, which is from the old shiv, not the new one:

https://www.specialized.com/...tion-system/p/155590
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you won't have any trouble with larger frame.

Though I do recall from my Shiv days that some folks never liked the bladder, personally I found it excellent and still do now on P5x.
There's a slight nack to fitting it, but it's quite easy and works perfectly.

Regarding drink, yes I've had no issues at all with the straw and all fluids.
In fact if any left at end of ride I just suck the rest so no spill in bag/car after.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thnx!

I see it's out-of-stock, so I have to find another shop that also ships to Amsterdam.

Cheers, Sjaak
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Fazz, I just decided to go for it after your positive review. Just ordered Yann's product, and have to find the Fuelselage now.

Cheers, Sjaak
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this product still available? I've got a P5x XL.

Thanks,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be in the tunnel in April with a P3X.
Happy to test this if someone sends me it.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

It's essentially the same shape as the current p3x bento box. So doubt it would make any difference.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisesposito wrote:
Is this product still available? I've got a P5x XL.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, you can order it here. https://custombikexcessories.com/...fuelselage-bento-box

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks. I'll place the order later today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
desert dude wrote:

It's essentially the same shape as the current p3x bento box. So doubt it would make any difference.

Happy to test it. It's been pretty rare (at least the ones I've tested) on these aftermarket storage solutions products when they test the same or better vs stock.

I have no interest in the outcome either way. Always looking to add to the knowledge base for people

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next