Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triczyk wrote:
plant_based wrote:
triczyk wrote:
plant_based wrote:
Also, my attempt at speed is like Danstu’s normal workout. Dude is a machine!

you know this - always someone faster out there and more impressive - and thats ok!

Yes - this sport is not only challenging, but humbling to all.

Thats why we love it! Good luck in your marathon.

Thanks buddy.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Glad to hear it. Keep it up.... Nice work!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third year with this challenge and love it. Simple base miles. So now that the bike season has kicked in - how do folks adjust their running training? 70.3 focus this year with a metric ton of gravel races for 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at 92 ... 8 runs left in 4 days ... but did 2 double days already ... so the end of this 100/100 looks like 6 doubles back to back for me. My second run every day is a short 3 mile loop, with a mixture of trails, dirt road but a downhill finished on paved road. Been hitting sub 7:30 min/mile for that last mile, despite my problems running uphill, and so that feels good. If I get to 100 this year, it will put me at 3-for-6 when it comes to the challenge overall. This year will have been by far the worst according to several metrics, but it looks good for actually finishing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like #14 on the list of a bot....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that Qsk8 character repeatedly posting 1 mile at 30mins with the puzzling "rejoice repeat race result" or whatever text deffo looks a bit fishy.

Quote | Reply
I really needed something to keep me motivated through during the short days of winter, the wonderful/delerious state of having a new baby at home, and a full-time workload. Most of my runs only met the minimum criteria of 3 miles and, in all honesty, that's all I could handle. Even still, it's probably the most consistent that I have ever been with running. This challenge was really all I needed to keep keep me motivated and just looking for excuses to get active for 30 minutes a day.

As a result of the consistency of my workouts, I've notice a marked improvement in my running during this time and I'm in much better shape than I typically am at this point. My 3 mile runs times are getting better and I've found that adding distance to my workouts had been easier than I remembered. If everything works out, I'm shaping up to be as fast as I ever have been, at age 42.

Now that we're at the end, I just want to say thanks for putting on this challenge and motivating us to get off our collective arses. ...And I'll also say that I'm in awe of those high-mileage runners who are kicking ass in this challenge!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaulDavis wrote:
at 92 ... 8 runs left in 4 days ... but did 2 double days already ... so the end of this 100/100 looks like 6 doubles back to back for me. My second run every day is a short 3 mile loop, with a mixture of trails, dirt road but a downhill finished on paved road. Been hitting sub 7:30 min/mile for that last mile, despite my problems running uphill, and so that feels good. If I get to 100 this year, it will put me at 3-for-6 when it comes to the challenge overall. This year will have been by far the worst according to several metrics, but it looks good for actually finishing.

I converged down to 96 runs with 3 days of running left. I just need one double day which should be easy on business travel on Monday. I am proud of myself for pulling this off with two business trips to India and a 70.3 in Dubai during the period of the challenge....dealing with the long haul travel, biz schedule, jetlag and just not miss days in airports etc was pretty solid plus I had a taper and recovery from a 70.3 to deal with and managed to not get sick through all of that. Still have 4 runs to go though!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
Yeah that Qsk8 character repeatedly posting 1 mile at 30mins with the puzzling "rejoice repeat race result" or whatever text deffo looks a bit fishy.

Yeah there is some weird data in there. He's put all of it into strava, for what it's worth. I'll reach out to him.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
mistressk wrote:

Yeah there is some weird data in there. He's put all of it into strava, for what it's worth. I'll reach out to him. -Eric

i know him. he's fine. nothing to see there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just connected my Strava account a couple days ago and interestingly I ran well more than any other year when I hunted the 100x100. Most of my runs are in the 5-10 mile range, but I raced a 25k and a 20k plus did many long training runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week, my wife pointed out that the day I was going to go for 17 runs was DST and there is only going to be 23 hours, making 17 impossible at my pace. I pushed it up to Saturday (tomorrow).

The good news is I was able to fall asleep pretty easily at 5pm. The bad news is I woke up at 7:30pm and have not been able to fall back asleep. I laid in bed for 2 hours and no luck. I've been up for about a half hour now and I'll start in 2 hours.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
I've been up for about a half hour now and I'll start in 2 hours.

Yessss!!! That's exciting. Try to get in as much fluids as possible! Good luck.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

After reading his Strava profile, I actually think there IS something to see here: sounds like an incredibly inspirational story, and some serious hard work against a seriously steep uphill. Think you could get him to weigh in on what he's up to, and how it's going?

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I just connected my Strava account a couple days ago and interestingly I ran well more than any other year when I hunted the 100x100. Most of my runs are in the 5-10 mile range, but I raced a 25k and a 20k plus did many long training runs.

This is super. You should be in awesome shape for upcoming races!

I am at 97 runs with 2 days to do. Should hit the 100 now. It is the first time since spring of 2015. Its been a long road to being able to run again, and this year, I also started a decent amount of XC skiing (318km) during the challenge, swam 260km, total biking just passed 1000km (700km indoors, 300km while in Dubai for work and 70.3) and travelled to India+Dubai twice and did the 70.3 in Dubai 9 time zones away.

So being able to get to 100 will be special given the physical challenges for proper running for me and overcoming the logistical challenges.

I think I will end up around 12km short of hitting 800km of running if the next few days go OK. I would need 46km in 48 hrs to get to 800km and I am not risking piling on mileage just to hit a number. Next year, 800km should be pretty easy. Mainly body is working better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - run only what you want to run. I often split runs in two for time reasons but also to spread the load. But not for the challenge. I ran 7 miles earlier and soon will run an easy 3. But would not have split that 7 miler in half to get an extra challenge run. Plus tomorrow only one longer run and then a bit of chill time with my 50 miler coming up on March 14
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Slowman wrote:

After reading his Strava profile, I actually think there IS something to see here: sounds like an incredibly inspirational story, and some serious hard work against a seriously steep uphill. Think you could get him to weigh in on what he's up to, and how it's going? -Eric

in way of a short bio, cancer of the spine. paralysis below the waist. legs atrophied completely. in hospice, this was about 8 years ago i think, 8 or 10, expected to die, didn't die, out of hospice, then surgery to cement the spine, a very slow ongoing road back. on perennial chemo. some on the forum know this individual. former over-40 natl champion at carlsbad 5000. as to daily mileage and what have you, i'm not closely scrutinizing the rules in this one case. i regret, but am consigned to live with, the disappointment this causes to those wounded by the assault some may see on credibility of the challenge caused by this case.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Mar 7, 20 16:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:
Slowman wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:
mistressk wrote:

Yeah there is some weird data in there. He's put all of it into strava, for what it's worth. I'll reach out to him. -Eric

After reading his Strava profile, I actually think there IS something to see here: sounds like an incredibly inspirational story, and some serious hard work against a seriously steep uphill. Think you could get him to weigh in on what he's up to, and how it's going? -Eric

in way of a short bio, cancer of the spine. paralysis below the waist. legs atrophied completely. in hospice, this was about 8 years ago i think, 8 or 10, expected to die, didn't die, out of hospice, then surgery to cement the spine, a very slow ongoing road back. on perennial chemo. some on the forum know this individual. former over-40 natl champion at carlsbad 5000. as to daily mileage and what have you, i'm not closely scrutinizing the rules in this one case. i regret, but am consigned to live with, the disappointment this causes to those wounded by the assault some may see on credibility of the challenge caused by this case.

OMG, sometimes there is SO MUCH more than just the data

Thanks for sharing, Dan

And ... do we REALLY need to be such pricks? Trolling everyone else's Stravas? Just mind yourself, and post want you want; round up, round down, Who gives a shit?

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso

Rule #1 - There is a special Circle of Hell for people who fudge their training logs

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize if I caused offence - it looked odd, is all, and I totally admit to having a look at some other people's log by clicking their name on the challenge page (I don't have a Strava account) out of curiosity. Some people are doing amazing things running difficult elevation, weather, mileages, or with strollers or other impediments; some are incredible just for showing up.

Speaking of those doing what they can to participate in the challenge - Heidelfix, how's it been going?

Quote | Reply
For Tom:

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next