Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike?
Quote | Reply
I am considering buying one and wondered what past owners thought.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [Arcuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced on mine for two seasons before selling it. Had no issues with it - really enjoyed riding it. I was pleased with the customer service/support. I sold it because I knew I was going to be stepping away from any serious racing for several years and didn’t want the bike in my garage collecting dust.

Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [Arcuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I owned one briefly and ended up returning it before really using it simply because at the time they hadn't gotten it approved for ITU non-draft racing in Canada. They agreed I could return it if they didn't get that status before my race season, and they fully honored the agreement. The frame was beautiful and the customer service through the whole process was top notch. I was also a member of their facebook owners page during that time, which was quite active, and full of very happy owners. They've been around for a while now, and I don't recall a single example of a frame failure, or anyone being screwed over by them in any way, posted here. The only drama I've ever read about them, was:
1. A pro rider who I -believe- (not positive, and I'm sure I don't know all the details) broke his contract with them and faced a possible lawsuit, and posted about it here.
2. Someone who bought a frame on ebay that needed replacement parts, which Dimond was fine with selling him, but they mis-quoted a price on a fork and the customer threw a fit on here about it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have owned two Dimonds. One Brilliant, which I traded in for a Marquise. Lovely bikes. My only issue with the Brilliant was the lack of places to store things. The Marquise more than addressed that with the Lunch Box and TOTES.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannot say enough about my bike. I've own a Dimond for the last couple of years and will never go back to another brand. Customer service is beyond incredible. I had a part break during the plane ride home from an event. They not only replaced it, they painted to my exact custom paint scheme so it would match.

you won't be disappointed in your selection and purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [csquare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all. I appreciate your candid responses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold my Brilliant to buy a Marquise. Selling my Marquise to buy a Mogul...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In their starting years they have had issues with beams and downtubes but these are gone since a couple of years. Storage lids are delicate (hinges glued with epoxy to the frame) so be careful when packing bike for transport.
Cable routing through the chain stay can be challenging - you may opt for SRAM to avoid that problem.
Nice and comfy bike but not so in the wallet ;-)
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done much of a comparison of these bikes vs an Omni, P3X / P5X, Ventum, etc.? I know Dimond has some aero data online, but curious to hear some anecdotal road-based comparisons.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The selling point of the Dimond is ride quality for me. They takes that little bit of harshness out the road but handles like a normal bike to me. I've heard some of the negatives of the some of the others in regard to ride quality so unless I hear otherwise I am sticking with what I know. That and I think they look awesome...
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Marquise is still bonded but the newer models I saw at Kona last year were screwed and hinged.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a used one, it should be in my hands on Friday. Pretty excited to try it out. I've been a fan since they came out.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Has anyone done much of a comparison of these bikes vs an Omni, P3X / P5X, Ventum, etc.? I know Dimond has some aero data online, but curious to hear some anecdotal road-based comparisons.

I'm not aware of any, but the Ventum has not tested well. TriRig posted some data on the Omni that didn't look too great, it was in comparison to a Diamondback Serios. Dimond has done it's own testing against a Cervelo P5 and it seems pretty in-line. Just try storing 10 gels and a flat kit on the P5 as sleekly as you do it on the Marquise. In terms of real-world, my last two Ironmans have been sub 5hrs on low 160 watts and my last half was 2:13 on low 190s . . . I think the Dimond is pretty aero.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that’s fast for those watts. How much do you weigh?
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Waingro wrote:

I'm not aware of any, but the Ventum has not tested well. TriRig posted some data on the Omni that didn't look too great, it was in comparison to a Diamondback Serios. Dimond has done it's own testing against a Cervelo P5 and it seems pretty in-line. Just try storing 10 gels and a flat kit on the P5 as sleekly as you do it on the Marquise. In terms of real-world, my last two Ironmans have been sub 5hrs on low 160 watts and my last half was 2:13 on low 190s . . . I think the Dimond is pretty aero.

I think your PM reads pretty low
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Damn, that’s fast for those watts. How much do you weigh?

I'm 5'5" and mid/upper 120s. Admittedly, I've optimized every little thing that can be optimized, been to the wind tunnel, etc.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own Dimond,Omni, primer tacial, s works shiv and felt IA3. All have raced at Ironman events. All are fast. Ride comfort ....that will depend on wheels and tires you chose. Each bike is setup a little different than the other. Omni is super easy to build even if you Di2. All the bikes are high quality. You will not go wrong with any of them. Something caught my eye ......are you 5’5 ? If so the diamond and the tactical maybe a problem. I am a little over 5’5. Both these bikes needed to be setup in different ways because 5’ 5 inseam 30 or less is very tight. With Dimond it is the seat height with the tactical it is reach. I solved the problems but just warning.
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
I think the Dimond is pretty aero.

I think your PM reads pretty low

Which PM reads low? The quarq I used at IMLP . . .

https://www.strava.com/activities/1101506174

Or the PowerTap pedals I used for this Olympic (Ignore the distance, the race uses the underground Chicago roads, is 40K) . . .

https://www.strava.com/activities/2651809782

Or the Power2Max I used for IMCHOO (note IMCHOO is 115mi) . . .

https://www.strava.com/activities/2755718593

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: To past owners: why did you sell your Dimond bike? [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
I own Dimond,Omni, primer tacial, s works shiv and felt IA3. All have raced at Ironman events. All are fast. Ride comfort ....that will depend on wheels and tires you chose. Each bike is setup a little different than the other. Omni is super easy to build even if you Di2. All the bikes are high quality. You will not go wrong with any of them. Something caught my eye ......are you 5’5 ? If so the diamond and the tactical maybe a problem. I am a little over 5’5. Both these bikes needed to be setup in different ways because 5’ 5 inseam 30 or less is very tight. With Dimond it is the seat height with the tactical it is reach. I solved the problems but just warning.

I'm the one that is 5'5", probably not the OP. Yes, if you are that short or shorter you might need a saddle with a shorter stack (i.e. not Dash) or possibly to cut the seat tube area on the frame (which would best be done by the factory pre-paint).

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2 things that made it possible to ride a Dimond Selle Italian slr saddle and 165 cranks, seat is slammed all the way down. I fit perfect
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

I have ridden lots of different bikes (Transition, P1, P3, Blue Triad SL, Ridley Dean Fast, Swift Neurogen, Dimond Brilliant and Marquise, Ventum, Ceepo Shadow) and if there is one thing I can't say is that I can 'feel' differences in aerodynamics. I have won (AG) races on all these bikes and in races were I underperformed there was not relation to the bike not being aerodynamic enough :-)
Qualities that I value much more than aerodynamics are handling while riding, ease of maintenance and general build quality. Of course this is ST so just ignore what I wrote ;-)
Sam
Last edited by: sgy: Feb 26, 20 2:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

I have an Omni as well. I believe the Dimond rides a bit softer but that’s just my sense and feeling on it. The Omni is arguably the easiest bike in the world to build and adjust (especially since mine is 1x and eTap) but the Dimond is pretty easy as well. The wire routing around the BB and through chainstays for the Di2 RD are a bit of a pain but not too bad. eTap would solve that issue. Both of my bikes would be much easier if the TriRig Alpha One bars were easier to route cables and wires through. It’s a pain in the ass.

The one downside to the Omni is the lack of storage. Due to the frame design there’s not a lot of options to put things. Pretty much BTA and BTS solutions. The Marquise is Hall of Fame level for storage solutions.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I considered purchasing one recently but went with another brand solely on price. Rode one and liked the feel. Noticed it absorbs the bumps a bit better than a traditional frame. The company employees are awesome and great to work with. If you find a model you like in your budget go with it. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Quote Reply