Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick bump of this thread for a PSA. I few weeks ago I bought another pair of Next % from a third party retailer on E-Bay. The shoes were in box, never used, but they felt wrong. I compared them to my original pair and noticed the foam felt hard and dead. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed any difference between pairs, but just something to be aware of and give any new ones a quick test. I wonder if it may have something to do with how the shoes were stored that might effect the foam.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They could be fake?

Did you notice a different box or anything? Did it come with that white Nike shoe bag like the first time -

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Mar 4, 20 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
They could be fake?

Did you notice a different box or anything? Did it come with that white Nike shoe bag like the first time -

Fake Nikes are a plague on Ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
plant_based wrote:
They could be fake?

That's right. You MUST buy them from Nike or reputable shops. Fake ones look just like original but you can still spot them. Top is original and bottom is fake.

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's possible. I mean they are identical in every way but the ground contact feel. They respond more like the Vaporfly 3 I train in.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
It's possible. I mean they are identical in every way but the ground contact feel. They respond more like the Vaporfly 3 I train in.

I train in the Vaporfly 3s too and have the Next%. I know what you mean - that's how Zoom React foam feels.

The ZoomX foam is probably harder to counterfeit than a Zoom React type foam. Nike is very proud of their ZoomX innovation.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you guys are right, these could very well be knock offs. They were also discounted which might be the best clue.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do she numbers on the box match the numbers in the shoe
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Momsatwork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Momsatwork wrote:
Do she numbers on the box match the numbers in the shoe

Everything matches up and it’s hard to tell they are fake. Can’t believe Chinese people can make counterfeit like these. It’s just too perfect.
Last edited by: s13tx: Mar 4, 20 18:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
elf6c wrote:
plant_based wrote:
They could be fake?

That's right. You MUST buy them from Nike or reputable shops. Fake ones look just like original but you can still spot them. Top is original and bottom is fake.

Wow look at the outline on the bottom swoosh versus no outline on the top.

They made their own fake mold it looks like.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of reputable online sellers, does anyone know where Next % inventory (size 11 or 11.5) is available? I've been poking around online and can't seem to find anything other than odd sizes. Even the pink colorway seems to be gone now too. Will Nike continue production of Next % or have they moved on to the Alpha?

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dicks has them in pink in your size. Also stockx has had them for only slightly inflated prices recently. Whatever you do, don’t buy them on eBay. People are surprised the Chinese can knock these shoes off, really? Where do you think they’re made in the first place!

With the supply shutdown it might be a while before more shoes arrive. The reason China has been able to control the virus is that factories are largely shut down in certain areas. Will this effect Nike production, who knows?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also looks like Gazelle sports has the Next in the Ekiden colorway. They are a reputable retailer.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Dicks has them in pink

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Dicks has them in pink

I'm a conservative guy so these pink, neon green and orange colors bother me.
I don't know why Nike doesn't make in plain blue, white, grey and such.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I just received a pink pair from Running Warehouse.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Mar 5, 20 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On top of the factory shutdowns in China. You had a lot of people probably waiting for the Alphafly to come out when those were sold out before you could even log in, Nike probably blew through their stock of the Next%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
J7 wrote:
Dicks has them in pink

I'm a conservative guy so these pink, neon green and orange colors bother me.
I don't know why Nike doesn't make in plain blue, white, grey and such.

They make a plain white pair called ‘Sail Black’

https://stockx.com/...WzwUtIRoCAQ0QAvD_BwE

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a release date for more of the NEXT%? Can't seem to find them any where.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Availability Alert!

Nike just added the Vaporfly NEXT% to the "Nike by you" line, meaning you can now get it in several different colors and is somewhat customizable. Must be a NikePlus Member.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly NEXT% [Rundomrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re available in most sizes right now on Eastbay:

https://www.eastbay.com/...-vaporfly-next-mens/
Quote Reply

Prev Next