Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grabbed the last post out of convenience.

Has anyone here heard the radio edit of FI on the radio? I hear it on a digital sub-channel, and the rendition makes me sad because the tempo changes stink versus flowing nicely in the original. But then again, it's nice it's getting play I guess. I'm pretty sure they played the whole undoctored song initially / after release.

Is anyone hearing it on a mass media / FM channel?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought myself the CD for Christmas. Probably the first CD I've bought since...10,000 Days? As usual, the artwork is excellent and the audio quality is superb, as compared to the compressed, low-volume output version that's available on streaming music services.

This album is holding up very well to my ears. I'm really hoping to catch them again somewhere in 2020, to enjoy the show in a somewhat different frame of mind.

Still the greatest rock band of our lifetime, IMO.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I bought myself the CD for Christmas. Probably the first CD I've bought since...10,000 Days? As usual, the artwork is excellent and the audio quality is superb, as compared to the compressed, low-volume output version that's available on streaming music services.

This album is holding up very well to my ears. I'm really hoping to catch them again somewhere in 2020, to enjoy the show in a somewhat different frame of mind.

Still the greatest rock band of our lifetime, IMO.

Bought my cd pre release for the exact reasons you mentioned (compressed vs 14khz on a cd). No news on the vinyl release though and that’s the format I am most excited about even though their track record on vinyl is spotty at best. Who knows though...vinyl is outselling CDs now so it would certainly be worth their time to put some effort into the mastering/pressing.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son bought me the album for Christmas. Really enjoy it.
I wonder if the more experimental songs are a result of their collaboration with Death Grips
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the interest of completeness, my Net of Being canvas just came home from framing and I hung it yesterday:

If you ever find me staring it at for 5 or 6 hours straight and/or licking the glass, please bring snacks or something.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
In the interest of completeness, my Net of Being canvas just came home from framing and I hung it yesterday:

If you ever find me staring it at for 5 or 6 hours straight and/or licking the glass, please bring snacks or something.

LOL...I want to hang out with you.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonnaroo 2020 confirmed. Nothing says "Tool warmup act" like Miley Cyrus (assuming they're going to be on the same stage).

Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my turn tonight, when I'll see the first of their three shows here in San Diego.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
It's my turn tonight, when I'll see the first of their three shows here in San Diego.

Enjoy - spiral out!

My buddy who was at the Philly and AC shows with me just started a new job, which sends him to Vegas next week for their user conference.. and Tool are in town on the Friday night. Needless to say, he had to grab a ticket and move his flight home to the following day.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that was awesome. I even enjoyed the “shroud” around the stage. Danny did a nice tribute to Neil Peart. It looked like the other three expected him to wrap it up after Chocolate Chip Trip so they came out onto stage but he picked it back up again and went off and a photo of him and Peart together went up on the screen behind the stage. The other three just became part of the audience watching him do his thing.

Equally impressive was the tour’s fleet of trucks. (Walking from a parking structure to the venue took me across a high pedestrian bridge with a view down into the venue’s service lot.) 15 gleaming, apparently spotless and nearly identical candy apple red Freightliners with plain white trailers. Four beautiful tour buses (one for each guy, I imagine).

Edit: Photo posting is failing me at the moment.

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Jan 13, 20 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I saw on setlist.fm that they did part of a Rush song as a tribute.

Noticed the fleet of trucks/buses outside the Wells Fargo Center in Philly but was rushing to grab an Uber and didn't stick around to get a good look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they announced an extended tour yesterday and one of the stops (March 9) is Spokane, WA.

I could not get travel lined up with any of the original dates so I am pumped. Mrs Skipjack also wants to see them so I’ve got that going for me as well.

Tickets for the extended dates go on sale tomorrow (Friday).

https://www.blabbermouth.net/...2020-u-s-tour-dates/
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting read on the stage lighting and visuals setup:
https://plsn.com/...-fear-inoculum-tour/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Very cool - thanks.

Mrs Skipjack and I are waiting patiently for our March 7th concert.

On that note I’m not much of a merch person but do grab the tour poster and tshirt from bands we love. Anyone have any images of either from this tour (full disclaimer I have not googled shit yet).

Any other interesting items for purchase that anyone noticed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Very cool - thanks.

Mrs Skipjack and I are waiting patiently for our March 7th concert.

On that note I’m not much of a merch person but do grab the tour poster and tshirt from bands we love. Anyone have any images of either from this tour (full disclaimer I have not googled shit yet).

Any other interesting items for purchase that anyone noticed?

The tour posters have become somewhat of a cottage industry - limited to something like 600 per show, unique to each show (even back-to-back nights at the same venue have different posters) and sell at the merch tables for $60unsigned/$300signed. Demand is so high for them that you can at least triple those prices selling them on Ebay when you get home from the show. Lots of chatter on fan forums about the ethics of poster flipping etc. Limit is supposedly 2 per person but people have been seen with armfuls, presumably from enlisting friends to help them. Also lots of complaints about the merch lines turning into shitshows with people cutting in, staff not knowing/honoring limits, etc.

Some of the posters on the last leg came with a second clear layer with geometric patterns on then that look pretty damn cool when framed with a gap between the pieces.

I bought copies of the Philly and AC posters on Ebay a week or so after the shows for about $25 each, and ended up getting a refund from the seller because the quality was so shit. The AC one had a white blob on it that made it very obvious the seller had grabbed a picture of someone's poster - including glare from a light or flash - from the internet and blown it up to poster size.

Summary of all this tour's posters here:
https://public.tableau.com/...75815750/ToolPosters
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Feb 11, 20 7:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

I'm hoping that Adi Gronov is doing the artwork for Spokane..his stuff is pretty amazing (though to be fair all of the samples on the website you shared are pretty impressive..much better than the unique Puscifer tour posters I have).

I'll definitely be lining up in the merch line early to get in front of all the flippers out there.

Pretty balsy of the guy you dealt with to try to sell off a blown up photo of the actual tour poster...the asshole is probably still pulling in a tidy profit even if 80% get returned to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More dates added! To steal a line from 7empest.. fuck, here we go again!

April 16 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
April 17 Orlando, FL Amway Center
April 19 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena
April 21 Charlotte, NC Spectrum Center
April 22 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
April 24 Baltimore, MD Royal Farms Arena
April 25 Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
April 28 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
April 29 Quebec City, QC Videotron Centre
May 1 Wilkes Barre, PA Mohegan Sun Arena
May 2 Buffalo, NY KeyBank Centre
May 4 Toledo, OH Huntington Center
May 5 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
May 29 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
May 31 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
June 2 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place
June 4 Winnipeg, MB Bell MTS Place
June 6 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
June 7 Sioux Falls, SD Denny Sanford Premier Center
June 9 Madison, WI Kohl Center
June 10 Moline, IL TaxSlayer Center
June 12 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo Festival
June 13 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Center
June 16 Wichita, KS INTRUST Bank Arena
June 17 Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Energy Center
June 19 Colorado Springs, CO Broadmoor World Arena
June 22 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center
June 23 San Francisco, CA Chase Center

https://toolband.com/events

Will likely be hitting the Wilkes-Barre and Baltimore shows (both Friday nights!)

Re: the posters (sorry, missed your reply above) - the seller was in Vietnam and the auctions got pulled down pretty quickly, I assume from people reporting him. It was kind of amusing that they instructed me to wreck the posters by folding them multiple times in order to process the refund, vs mailing them back. Adi Granov is also probably my favourite artist that they use.. IMO the Alex Grey stuff is kind of played out at this point.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Feb 24, 20 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow..that is pushing this tour to what...7 or 8 months after this update?

Thinking I'll probably bounce over to the Tacoma, WA show in a month or two as well.

So if my tally for you is correct that's going to be seeing the 7empest performance 4x?

Hat's off to you sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Wow..that is pushing this tour to what...7 or 8 months after this update?

Thinking I'll probably bounce over to the Tacoma, WA show in a month or two as well.

So if my tally for you is correct that's going to be seeing the 7empest performance 4x?

Hat's off to you sir.

Their FI tour started mid-October, so by the time they wrap up it'll be 8 months.

4x for me this tour, yeah.. I should start buying/flipping posters to offset my ticket expenditures! Also eyeing RATM tickets but I fully expect trying to get tickets for them will be an absolute shitshow.

Speaking of 7empest, they finally debuted it in Australia on the leg that just ended, so hopefully it stays in the setlist for the next US leg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RATM and Run the Jewels does look like an interesting combo..my only hesitation is RATM to be honest.

If you're looking for additional shows here's another tour just announced: Black Keys and Gary Clark Jr.

I'll be hitting either the Seattle or Portland shows of this one.

https://pitchfork.com/...-with-gary-clark-jr/

At this point it's probably worth starting a live music thread...think I'll do that later today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my floor seats for April in Baltimore. Second show of the tour. Stoked!

Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d just watched that before you posted it.

Un. Fucking. Real.

When he raises his arms before pummeling those skins at 9:38 it’s like Thor raising Mjolnir. Or He-Man with his Sword of Grayskull.

He’s on another level altogether.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Spokane show (Monday - 3/9) was absolutely f'ng fantastic! Every song flowed perfectly into the next (including the oldies). Thinking that I'll (pending travel and other worldly events) be seeing them on May 29th in Tacoma as well.

Here's the set list: https://www.setlist.fm/...ane-wa-3399e87d.html

If this gives you any indication of how much I enjoyed the show....I actually really enjoyed Choco Chip Trip.

Somehow managed to snag a poster even though we got to the venue 45 minutes after they opened the door. At first I did not know what to think of the design since it's so different from most of their tour posters but it's really grown on me. Framed it and it's now up in the room that is slowly transitioning from guest room to shit Skipjack likes but his wife does not care for it in the main rooms room. Looks sharp hung up next to Tool/Gorge, Puscifer/Spokane, and Perfect Circle/Spokane.

No pic of my actual poster but if you're curious link is below.

http://tool-posters.com/.../spring2020/spokane/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Somehow managed to snag a poster even though we got to the venue 45 minutes after they opened the door. At first I did not know what to think of the design since it's so different from most of their tour posters but it's really grown on me. Framed it and it's now up in the room that is slowly transitioning from guest room to shit Skipjack likes but his wife does not care for it in the main rooms room. Looks sharp hung up next to Tool/Gorge, Puscifer/Spokane, and Perfect Circle/Spokane.

No pic of my actual poster but if you're curious link is below.

http://tool-posters.com/.../spring2020/spokane/

Oh wow, that one is cool. They seemed to be re-using/re-hashing some poster artwork from the earlier tour dates at the end of the last leg, and I don't think Australia/NZ got any new ones at all, so it's cool that they used something new. Definitely a departure from most of their other posters.
Quote Reply

Prev Next