Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm okay - a bit stressed and anxious, and also a bit excited, as this is a big week at work with some work travel.

Thank you for all the kind words last week.

goal last week was self-care. I used healthy coping skills 6/7 days. The good news is January was much better for me than almost all the months last year... I only had 2 not-healthy-coping-skills days.

I ran 7x for a total of 48.8 mi, swam 6x for a total of 5000 yds, and rode once (9.3 mi). Turns out the cycling irritated the hamstring thing so I am done with cycling until it clears up. I also had an MRI on Friday and am waiting for an appt with an orthopoedist.

Goals this week: self care, healthy coping, knock the work stuff out of the park, LESS RUNNING.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. I'm glad you were able to have a healthy week, given everything thrown at you. Good luck with your big work week!

Last week's goal was REST DEAR GOD REST. And for the most part, I did. I had three rest days. Which for me, is absolutely unheard of. But needed. I couldn't get one of my swims in due to it being Squiddo swim team season and every pool within a 30 mile radius of me was closed to the public on Saturday, when I could swim. Womp womp.

This week's goal: Back to running!

M- 47min run and strength (check and check)
Tu- 2350yd swim and 2-4mi easy run. I also have my annual dermatologist appt, fingers cross I escape unscathed.
W- 11mi run with a bunch of miles at HM pace. It will also be my third day of the week waking up at 4:30am for work. Whee.
Th- 55min trainer workout and strength. I also get round three (four if you count the deep cleaning) of brutal dental work in a month. 2020 has not been easy for far for me for doctor visits.
F- 2050yd swim
Sa- 90MIN bike and 4mi run brick
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Last edited by: Dr_Cupcake: Feb 4, 20 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr C - Is that a 90 MILE bike? If so, that is hardcore for February!
Dr TC - wishing you all the best for the work stuff. Keep on keeping on!

My goals were: swim x 3 (NO - only managed 2), bike x 3 (YES), run x 3 (YES), core x 2 (NO - only 1).
Last week was a bit of a disaster week in that I managed to tweak my back on Wednesday and had an epic splat on Saturday. My back is now better and my scrapes and bruises look epic (I'm just grateful that it wasn't any worse than scrapes and bruises). Lots of moving admin stuff happened so I now have more mental space to freak out about how I'm going to fill my days.

Dry January was successfully completed, and honestly it felt quite easy for the most part.

This week: swim x 3 (one done), bike x 4 (one done), run x 3, core x 2. Get the sweet tooth under control.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik, thanks for getting us started. Glad to see your healthy coping progress.

My goals last week were: 3 swims, 4 bikes, and 4 runs.

I only swam once (half pool schedules, half laziness) but I set my trainer up for real, structured bike workouts, my runs were okay, and I really enjoyed having my BFF here to putter around Home Depot and join me for some workouts. On my move, I've made some good progress but having a guest who knows me / my old house well highlighted all the things I still need to do/replace/find in my new place. I'm thinking of you Sher, who managed to move without drinking.

This week, I'll have 3 swims, 3 bikes, 4 runs and my usual yoga and p/rehab before heading to XC in Bend (never been -- send tips!)

I hope everyone has a great week, happy training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Doc TC and all:
Haven't posted here before but, heck, here goes.
I swim a lot, but unfortunately that goes "down the drain" (nyuk nyuk) despite the best intentions. Am "planning" to borrow a gravel bike to give that a go. Was inspired by CLM's DK adventure last year. She's my hero.
Back to the swim thing:
January 19-25: Speaking of best intentions, swim bag was packed, but never made it out of the minivan. Was in Tempe helping Slowman and USAT put on the Endurance Exchange Conference. Turned out well, but closest I got to pool was talking to my friends who did the swim workout at ASU on the 23rd. Was apparently fun w great coaches on deck.
January 26-Feb2. Jan 30 2500 M Long Course. Feb 1 3000 Y Short course. Feb 2 3000 M LC. Kinda dead today still organizing van full of stuff that came back from Tempe.

Does anybody else find that they have a tough time finding their swim stroke after a few days (or in my case, weeks) out of the water?
Cheers, all.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh whoopsie. 90 MINUTE bike. Good lord my ladybits would fall off if I tried to ride 90 miles right now.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the weekly check-in!

Yes, I'm an AOS so I really suffer when I spend time away from the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, everyone!

Dr. T, I hope you are taking some time out for yourself this stressful week.
Dr_C, sounds like you are back to it after a nice rest break! Fingers crossed for a very boring dermatologist appointment.
Scheherazade, sorry that you tweaked your back and then had a splat! You can never have one hit at a time. Glad you are doing better and that the moving process is under control.
TDS, that sounds like an awesome combo of training and fun. Hoping your moving process also wraps up smoothly.
Welcome, STC. I heard the Endurance Exchange was awesome, how cool that you helped put that on. Also, ahem, I am finally back in the pool after 10 months off: I swam once last March and only 9 times in 2018. So yeah, I hear ya on shaking off the rust. =)

Last week was OK. I tweaked my knee the week before so didn't do any running except for a fun, very easy 5K Sunday morning. I rode the trainer three times and did some other stuff only once: Swam, lifted, yoga'd, PT'd. The gray skies are getting to me and we are getting more snow tonight, barf. But I am hoping to get outside for a run next week now that the sun (if we ever see it again) is setting later.

This week is already off to a good start. I trainer'd and PT'd Monday and ran easy and swam easy yesterday. My husband has already come to the gym with me twice this year, which he NEVER does. It only took almost 12 years of marriage before my healthy influence rubbed off on him, haha. I am thinking about doing an indoor tri in a couple of weeks, but I want to get in a couple more swims first. I won't be setting any records either way but I want to make sure I will be in good enough shape for a bike and a run.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 3 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does anybody else find that they have a tough time finding their swim stroke after a few days (or in my case, weeks) out of the water?

YUP. That's part of why I do so many short swims... the ten-minute swims just keep the feel for it.

Quote Reply