Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sick for 6 days and now I'm sore as hell
Quote | Reply
I ended up having the flu last week. I missed 6 days of working out. I has my 1st workout on Saturday (1/25/19) since then I've been slowly adding run mileage. However, I'm sore as hell. I feel like I've just ran a marathon after every time I run and my lower back is also sore. What gives? I only missed 6 days!
Quote Reply
Re: Sick for 6 days and now I'm sore as hell [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly being sick and stagnant always makes me a million times more sore than any amount of heaving training load could.
Quote Reply
Re: Sick for 6 days and now I'm sore as hell [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's like 3 or 4 times more beating on your body after getting sick. It's common, so you should slowly build up your workout. There's no way you can hit like it was before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably time for some core work and planking, flutter kicks etc

Ease into the running, no need to go full on from the start.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful, I gave myself ITBS from this exact same scenario. Your body is wiped out. I'd recommend light spinning and very short runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The flu severely dehydrates you which will add to muscle pain. Make sure you are getting enough fluids and electrolytes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely take it easy, just rest days and easy days. Guarantee you weak abs is not the reason for your back pain. It’s rather that you’re run down.

The flu is no joke. Last time I had it as an adult, I pooped my pants bc I couldn’t make it to the bathroom in time, then got in the shower and had to lay down bc standing was too hard. I was googling “rabies symptoms” bc I was convinced I was dying.

You might be like, this is weird, why am I tired, I just rested for six days. Reality is, no you didn’t, your body was working hard. Those six days were not rest from your body’s perspective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a cold (not the flue) for ten days.
After another day of extreme tiredness I started training again, but it costed me a week to get on the former level again.
The point is, it is the virus which hits you, not the couple of days of not working out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going through the same thing on the cold side. All i felt like doing was eating icecream and chicken tenders then entire time so wanted to get back into working out and am not back up to 100%
Quote Reply