Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cracks in 2013 SC 7.8
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I've noticed some hairline cracks in the downtube of my Speed Concept. It appears on both sides which sways me to believing it is a structural weakness caused by something.

Has anyone any experience with this on theirs?

Quote Reply
Re: Cracks in 2013 SC 7.8 [illesornayr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you clamp it on a rack, or do anything tha that applies pressure to the downtube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like paint only

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this same bike and haven't had any cracking issues. These look like the same thing i had on a white 2007 Specialized tarmac on the chainstay near where it meets up with the bottom bracket. After much concern and research I decided it was highly likely just a paint crack and rode it without any issue or for years. If you're concerned, have a Trek dealer take a look. If you do get it checked out please let us know what they say!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could be a paint crack which can happen sometimes. But if it is a materials crack, you'll need to bring it to your local Trek dealer to have them inspect it.

What sort of bike carrier do you use when transporting this bike? It could be from clamping as well, but the location seems odd.

Let me know if you have any questions for me that I could be helpful with as well!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jan 31, 20 9:55
Quote Reply