Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [oxerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oxerider wrote:
She is 175cm tall and I tend to agree that there is a room for growth. So, you suggest to go for a S?

Seeing the pic, which is just a moment caption, but also wonder why you got just this pic from the fitter. I would have a few questions.
- how easy is she looking forward?
- was a lower aerobar position tried during the fit?
- also did she tried, or better said, did the fitter let her feel a little more reach and some different tilt options from the aerobar.
- what other saddles were tried? not that the fabric saddle is completely impossible but it is not even 1 out a 100 fits’s that this saddle is chosen as most comfortable.
- and what about different extensions? The report suggest the T4 extensions are used, but looking at the pic i’m pretty sure it is something like a T2. we also carry a T2, just to show what you should not chose. Almost all athletes these days chose an extension that allowsca more comfortable wrist position.
- was a shorter crank length tried?
- what did she ride until now? Road bike, road bike with aerobar, tri bike?

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [oxerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm beginning to second guess my original conclusion.

A size S will work, absolutely, until it doesn't, and then it won't, if you follow me. The not working (too short, not long enough) is not a guarantee, it's just a possibility.

As it is now, on a small and 400mm of reach she'd have about an additional 60-70mm of reach to play with, which can get used up quickly depending on the fitter.

Can she go back to her fitter for a follow-up? I'd program in 460mm of reach and 600mm of stack and then see if going any further is possible. If going out past 460mm is possible, then perhaps the M would be better.

oxerider wrote:
She is 175cm tall and I tend to agree that there is a room for growth. So, you suggest to go for a S?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [baerospeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whichever one allows for a comfortable position. Sometimes a saddle that is comfortable in position A becomes uncomfortable in position B, if the change was significant. Other times, saddle A is right for position A but the person is sitting on the right saddle wrongly, if that makes sense.

The go to saddles in my quiver are the ISM PN 3.0 (sometimes a progression from the 1.1), the Fizik Mistica, and the Cobb V-flow Max.

baerospeed wrote:
Hi Eric,

Saddle choice is very personal, but which saddles do you normally recommend to get the best results ?

Thanks,

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

I've just sold my size 54 P5 Six and I'm looking at either the P5 disc, P3X or even the P series depending on what would fit best.

I always felt comfortable in general but did feel too high at the front and felt like I could stretch out a bit more.
The bike was fitted with the higher aduro fitting and 30 or 40 mm of spacers under the base bar.
I did have a guru fitting which is below, hopefully you will be able to determine what size would be good for myself, either 54 or 56?
I also ride an S5 with 10mm of spacers and a 130 stem

Saddle Height to BB 791mm
Saddle Setback to BB 19mm
Drop from saddle to Bars 140mm
Reach from saddle to Bars 780mm

X/Y Data
sx 148mm
sy 724mm
hx 498mm
hy 600mm

Bar Length 250mm
Pad stack 37mm
Crank Length 170mm
Saddle thickness 53mm
Saddle Clamp to nose 129mm

My Height is 178cm and my inseam is 83cm

Thanks

Allan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Bodger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying pad stack was 37mm above hx, which was 600, giving you a pad stack of 637? Not sure what that number is tracking...

Pad Stack for a 54cm P5-6 w/ 30mm of spacers and the high V is 655mm, w/ 40mm of spacers it's 665mm. I'll assume since you said you felt like you could stretch out more the pads were all the way forward, giving you a reach of 460mm to back of pad.

So, with a Pad Stack of 655mm and pad reach of 460mm, yes you are a little upright as you said.

I would not put you on a 54cm P5d. You'd be in the upper right quadrant of the fit range, with barely any room to get longer. On the 56cm P5d, you'd be in the upper center of the range and would have room to adjust. The EX10 mono-riser would add reach to this equation, and also allow native tilt.

For the P3x, again you are in the upper right quadrant of a size M, but square in the center of the range for a size L.

Make sense? 56cm P5d or size L P3x.

Eric

Bodger wrote:
Hi Eric

I've just sold my size 54 P5 Six and I'm looking at either the P5 disc, P3X or even the P series depending on what would fit best.

I always felt comfortable in general but did feel too high at the front and felt like I could stretch out a bit more.
The bike was fitted with the higher aduro fitting and 30 or 40 mm of spacers under the base bar.
I did have a guru fitting which is below, hopefully you will be able to determine what size would be good for myself, either 54 or 56?
I also ride an S5 with 10mm of spacers and a 130 stem

Saddle Height to BB 791mm
Saddle Setback to BB 19mm
Drop from saddle to Bars 140mm
Reach from saddle to Bars 780mm

X/Y Data
sx 148mm
sy 724mm
hx 498mm
hy 600mm

Bar Length 250mm
Pad stack 37mm
Crank Length 170mm
Saddle thickness 53mm
Saddle Clamp to nose 129mm

My Height is 178cm and my inseam is 83cm

Thanks

Allan

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Many thanks for all your help and apologies for the lack of appropriate measurements, they were taken from the sheet supplied with my guru fit which wasn’t the best to be honest. I always knew I would be more suited to a 56 but needed clarification.

Thanks once again, much appreciated

Allan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

I am thinking about upgrading my frameset to a P5x (looks like a good deal on a frame) from my speed concept to get on the disc brake train.

Right now my measurements are:

Pad x: 450mm (back of pad)
Pad y: 590mm (top of pad) I can run this a bit lower for shorter distances
Seat bb to rails: 620mm

I'm 5'8" on a small speed concept. I run an ism 1.0

It looks like I am between a small and a medium. I might be able to get a bit more stretched out and plan to revisit my fit in the new year to get a bit more hip rotation. It looks like the medium would allow me more options and is the safer option. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi,

With a Pad Stack of 590mm and a Pad Reach of 450mm you are either a size S or size M in the P5x.

I would go with the size M, as the S would only give you 15mm more reach potential than you are at currently.

Alternately, if you are absolutely sure you won't ever get longer, but are wondering about going much lower, than you could go with a S. You can only go 25mm lower with a M but 50mm with a S.

Make sense?

Eric

Aid.dre.an wrote:
Hey Eric,

I am thinking about upgrading my frameset to a P5x (looks like a good deal on a frame) from my speed concept to get on the disc brake train.

It looks like I am between a small and a medium. I might be able to get a bit more stretched out and plan to revisit my fit in the new year to get a bit more hip rotation. It looks like the medium would allow me more options and is the safer option. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
hi,

With a Pad Stack of 590mm and a Pad Reach of 450mm you are either a size S or size M in the P5x.

I would go with the size M, as the S would only give you 15mm more reach potential than you are at currently.

Alternately, if you are absolutely sure you won't ever get longer, but are wondering about going much lower, than you could go with a S. You can only go 25mm lower with a M but 50mm with a S.

Make sense?

Eric

Aid.dre.an wrote:
Hey Eric,

Thanks!

Thanks for the help eric; I am now the proud owner of a soon to be constructed P5x! I went with medium like you suggested; I feel like I can get a bit more out in the front end and I do feel a bit cramped on the current SC. One factor I wanted to go small was because the weight and I am not a heavy rider (155 lb) so while my W/kg is pretty good, the extra weight hurts a bit and my strength is the climbing with a high W/kg and lower weight. However, I just spit-balled a low number for the frame and the shop accepted, so I am now going full disc for 2020!

Do you know which base bar position (in the high or low position) is better? I assume its mostly handling. I seem to fall on the low middle side of the fit chart, so I would assume I run the bar low?

Thanks again man
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve heard anecdotally that higher is faster

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,
Here are the pics. Even they are in Spanish that is our mother language, I think you can give me your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric!
Thanks for the help
Currently I am on a P3 48 that has been adjusted and fitted several times (I am 5'1). They have made it work. Now I am looking at other bikes that might fit me better.
These are my measurements:
Saddle Height - 61.7
Saddle Setback - +2.5
Reach Saddle to tip of Shifter - 70.5
Back of Pad to Ext. tip - 32.5
Drop to arm pads - -4.5
Reach to back of pads - 40
Arm Pad with - 20

I measured my stack - 56.0

I am looking at the PX as the bike looks small and has the smallest standup height of any tri bike out there.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Tribeat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi there, thanks for reaching out.

With a Pad Stack of 560mm and a Pad Reach of about 405mm you'd be a very good fit for a size Small PX series bike. You'd be in the lower left quadrant of the fit range and would have room to get longer if need be and a little lower. Your saddle height is also in range for the Small.

As a beam bike and with its design, there's a dip in the top tube that might aid in standover height compared to a regular double triangle type frame.

I think the PX would be a great bike for you!

Eric

Tribeat wrote:
Hi Eric!
Thanks for the help
Currently I am on a P3 48 that has been adjusted and fitted several times (I am 5'1). They have made it work. Now I am looking at other bikes that might fit me better.
These are my measurements:
Saddle Height - 61.7
Saddle Setback - +2.5
Reach Saddle to tip of Shifter - 70.5
Back of Pad to Ext. tip - 32.5
Drop to arm pads - -4.5
Reach to back of pads - 40
Arm Pad with - 20

I measured my stack - 56.0

I am looking at the PX as the bike looks small and has the smallest standup height of any tri bike out there.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reassurance!
It's complicated to find a bike that can fit perfectly (not 650) for me.

I pulled the trigger on the frame, I will transfer my e-tap and other components (150 cranks) that have been customized to fit me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience in creating a slightly great tilt for a P3X front end?

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [johnnyyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The native front of the P3x tilts... is this what you mean?

johnnyyd wrote:
Anyone have experience in creating a slightly great tilt for a P3X front end?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric can you recommend me 48 or 51 for the P series or P2 bikes? I know it’s not ideal information but I really just want to know if I can be adjusted to fit either one.

Thanks
Height 65”
Inseam 28”
Arm 23.5”
Trunk 21.5”
Forearm 13”
Thigh” 23.5”
Lower leg 20.5”

I guess I don’t know how to post a pic
Last edited by: Jeremy1usc: Jan 18, 20 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jeremy1usc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it’s a little difficult to prescribe a bike based on just body measurements.

PM me and we can share contact info and you can text or email me a picture.

Eric

Jeremy1usc wrote:
Eric can you recommend me 48 or 51 for the P series or P2 bikes? I know it’s not ideal information but I really just want to know if I can be adjusted to fit either one.

Thanks
Height 65”
Inseam 28”
Arm 23.5”
Trunk 21.5”
Forearm 13”
Thigh” 23.5”
Lower leg 20.5”

I guess I don’t know how to post a pic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! Im 180cm with 89 crotch. Mi stack 670 and reach 433. What size of p5 disc will fit me 56? Sorry about my english
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [igor46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
igor46 wrote:
Hi! Im 180cm with 89 crotch. Mi stack 670 and reach 433. What size of p5 disc will fit me 56? Sorry about my english

Yes you are exactly right! With a pad stack of 670mm and a pad reach of 433mm you are a 56cm P5d.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
igor46 wrote:

Yes you are exactly right! With a pad stack of 670mm and a pad reach of 433mm you are a 56cm P5d.

Eric
Thanks Eric for the answer. My biomecanic tall me that te 56 can be long for me because i have long legs te saddle is at 80,9cm height but my torso is small so the pads are far for me. He said that will be better 54, do you think this?
Thanks you
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [igor46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
igor46 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
igor46 wrote:

Eric
Thanks Eric for the answer. My biomecanic tall me that te 56 can be long for me because i have long legs te saddle is at 80,9cm height but my torso is small so the pads are far for me. He said that will be better 54, do you think this?
Thanks you

With the numbers you gave me a 54cm will not fit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its there any table with the full mesurements of the P5Disc? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! Some one that has M size can say me mesurements of the Cervelo P5 Disc horizontal and vertical tube plese? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have your fit numbers from your bike fit, and the numbers that you gave me indicate that a 56cm will fit you and a 54cm will not fit. Top tube length is not as effective as using pad reach to select a bike size.

Does this make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply

Prev Next