Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Way to Upstage the Bride
Quote | Reply
if you're the mother of the bride, elope with the groom's dad!

much more fun than nitpicking seating arrangements
Quote Reply
Re: Way to Upstage the Bride [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just assumed it would be a Florida story. I guess India is a close runner up in things like this - sort of the international Florida.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to a wedding once where the mother of the bride was a wealthy socialite who used the reception as a way to show off for her other wealthy socialite friends. She made sure that the focus the entire day was on her, and it was almost as if the bride and groom were secondary accessories. Pretty sad.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Way to Upstage the Bride [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of weddings gone wrong:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And they canceled/ postponed the wedding because the parents went to get jiggy with it? They should follow the lead and elope themselves. It'll solve a lot of future planning problems.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Way to Upstage the Bride [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I went to a wedding once where the mother of the bride was a wealthy socialite who used the reception as a way to show off for her other wealthy socialite friends. She made sure that the focus the entire day was on her, and it was almost as if the bride and groom were secondary accessories. Pretty sad.

Your comment reminded me of a wedding I attended a few years ago. My wife's cousin married the daughter of the county sheriff, who happened to be running for re-election. The wedding was a giant campaign rally.

Later, my college best friend married the sheriff's other daughter. That wedding was the same.

I felt bad for both bridal parties.
Quote Reply