Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The video can be seen here: https://www.wbaltv.com/...ing-arrest/30577403#

I’m not sure what the officers in Baltimore are paid but it’s probably not enough. Look at that sh*t... what a bunch of thugs. Kick the man while he’s down. Disgusting. If that officer had gotten on his feet and drawn his weapon (justified IMO) it would have been “hands up don’t shoot.” Cowards.

Really frustrating and angering to see. “Oh but these people have been victims and live in an oppressed community due to systemic racism yada yada yada” BULLSH*T. Is it so hard to follow the rules? Don’t assault an officer. Don’t interfere with an arrest. It’s not complicated. It’s not a big ask.

Are there bad officers out there? Sure. Do officers make mistakes? Of course. However the vast majority of officers show up and do their job well the vast majority of the time often working with the worst of humanity. The criminal apologists should shut their mouths, put on a badge, and go do the job themselves if they think it can be done better.

And yes, Baltimore is a sh*thole: a failed city run by failed politicians. Chicago is on its way there too despite an embarrassing endowment of geography, architecture, and the best city planning on offer in the 19th century.

/rant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of our cops in every city in the country should protest the treatment of police and not show up for work.

See how our country likes it without any police presence at all for a week or two.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
. “Oh but these people have been victims and live in an oppressed community due to systemic racism yada yada yada” BULLSH*T. Is it so hard to follow the rules? Don’t assault an officer. Don’t interfere with an arrest. It’s not complicated. It’s not a big ask.

Who said that about this case? Every comment in the story is saying that the perpetrators were in the wrong, nothing about racism at all. Is there some other source for that comment?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does that prove trump right? How does that video prove, "no human being would want to live" there?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
https://www.wbal.com/article/431565/2/baltimore-police-viral-video-shows-sergeant-attacked-while-making-arrest

Makes Chicago look safe

I am heading to Baltimore for work soon. When I go somewhere for the first time I ask people for recommendations of things to see, places to eat, etc. Not one person has been able to recommend anything in Baltimore. I have a team in Philly, which can be a rough town and even they don't have a single positive thing to say about the city. I'll find out soon enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
. “Oh but these people have been victims and live in an oppressed community due to systemic racism yada yada yada” BULLSH*T. Is it so hard to follow the rules? Don’t assault an officer. Don’t interfere with an arrest. It’s not complicated. It’s not a big ask.

Who said that about this case? Every comment in the story is saying that the perpetrators were in the wrong, nothing about racism at all. Is there some other source for that comment?

Agreed, One can actually decry this violence and want the perps brought to justice AND say that extreme pockets of poverty contribute to crime and they should be fixed. It's not that hard for most people.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jan 20, 20 12:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you feel good after that rant? Can you point to anything of substance saying this attack was justified, for any reason at all? Maybe check back in a couple of weeks?

Assume you weren't referring to this "hands up, don't shoot" moment?

Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a single positive thing? Then they are not trying at all.

Baltimore may have more challenges than most cities, but also shares most of the good traits of others. There are great restaurants, bars breweries etc ... Around the harbor is a really nice place to walk or run. Not to mention all the history.

For you, I recommend you keep to inner harbor East so you can feel safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [oroadsm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aquarium is also top notch. (prob the best on the EC outside of florida).
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

Our Atlanta aquarium ain't too shabby. Chattanooga as well. I've heard really great things about Baltimore's though.

Whenever I hear Baltimore, I think of one thing. Omar coming.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for everyone, but I recommend visiting the historic ships moored along the waterfront in the inner harbor. Old navy sailing ship, wwii era submarine, coast guard cutter and an old light ship.

Now you have a Baltimore recommendation!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, the hands up don't shoot moment was regarding the police department that was investigated and found to have racists police in it, the same ones that were harassing the local community as well as the protestors.

That's not the part he's upset about, though. He's upset at the black people who complained.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
All of our cops in every city in the country should protest the treatment of police and not show up for work.

See how our country likes it without any police presence at all for a week or two.

I agree with ya. The police have to put up with a lot of crap and a lot of really really shitty people (I know some of them because the police would bring them to the ERs).

I feel bad for these police officers. As I posted in another thread, Baltimore is one of many cities in the US having a hard time recruiting new officers. After reading crap like this, who can blame em. A few rogue cops and the entire police force is painted with a broad stroke. No respect anymore, and you know you are not going to have the backing of the town council, mayor, nor DA if the political optics are not on your side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you successfully drew the LR apologists out.

SMH

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
No, the hands up don't shoot moment was regarding the police department that was investigated and found to have racists police in it, the same ones that were harassing the local community as well as the protestors.

That's not the part he's upset about, though. He's upset at the black people who complained.

False you racist ass. I don’t care what color the people are. Follow the law. Don’t steal shit. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t harass police officers. Don’t interfere with an arrest. This isn’t complicated or a lot to ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The difference here is that a prominent politician likes to take childish pot shots at obvious things that used to be off limits.

Every big city has crap areas. Every big city has corruption and crime problems.

......next.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

National Aquarium is the best in the country outside of California.

One year I went to National in March, when my mom was living in Owens Mills. That fall I moved to Sacramento and went to Monterey Bay. I don't know which one is better, they are 1a, 1b.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Well, you successfully drew the LR apologists out.

SMH

Greg

I'll admit it sucks when you get called out after a rant that has no basis in reality for a situation. Maybe you can help prove the apologists (whatever that means in this context) wrong since Greenplease hasn't been able to provide one piece of evidence to support himself. Post a single reputable source that shows anyone thinks this was justified by going to bat for the assailants. Go on and blindly defend. You sir, are the apologist. I know you don't see it that way and I guess that's OK.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey look Trump was right about Baltimore [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what exactly was trump right about? That Baltimore exists? Do we really have that low of standards that we celebrate that trump knows the existence of city within commuting distance of the white house?

Even his supporters have low standards.
Quote Reply