Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know it's Thursday but my #1 goal this week is to keep doing healthy stuff (struggled Tues) and the second goal is to try and direct the workout energy toward stuff that makes me faster - I really make it up as I go along based on what I think will help me cope with my anxiety. And that's okay, but I'm also mildly bored.

used healthy coping skills except for the slip-up on Tuesday. Sports have been all about anxiety management, as I'm a ball of stress and anxiety right now.

M: 9 mi run
T: 6 mi run + 1025 yd swim + 4 ish mi hike on Mt. Desert Island
W: 7 mi run + 1075 yd swim
T: 6 mi run + 1875 yd swim
F: 6 mi run + 1125 yd swim
S: 9.5 mi run + 1025 yd swim
S: 6.7 mi run + 1925 yd swim

totals 50.2 mi run, 8000 yd swim

Hiking was great and was one of the highlights of the past several months.
Goals this week = healthy coping skills, day off from running

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies!

Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC, I hope you have a healthy coping week ahead!

Last week's goal was, a goal? Run a bunch? Sure! Let's go with that. And I did. My work schedule was brutal last week (lots of EARLAAAAY workouts as a result), and I've managed to start off this week in catastrophic fashion, so HEY it can only go UP from here! Right? (right....? please?)

This week's goal: Run a bunch more

M- 5mi run and strength (check!)
Tu- 2100yd swim. Also a meeting at 7pm for the cycling club
W- 12mi run. Also, a fun morning of dental brutality. Andplusalso, ANOTHER cycling club meeting (over the phone, thank goodness)
Th- 50min Zwift and strength, also I have to be at work at 6am and I'm stuck at work until at least 7pm, whee.
F- 50min run and 2000yd swim
Sa- 2hr ride, 20min run brick
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi folks!

Thanks, always, for getting us started TC. Best of luck for coping this week.

And Cupcake! You're busy too! Good luck with everything. Hope you're figuring out those questions you had about your coach.

Last week I came down with a cold, so I had to modify things a bit. It was still a pretty good week for training. AND, I did the 2nd of 4 weekly 10k's with my local running club and got a PR by 4.5 mins. (uhhh, my old "R" was very slow, and this one is still pretty slow, but I give zero figs. I'm pretty proud of myself over here.)

This week, I'm still getting over the cold but it really hasn't been that bad. Just about the best cold I've ever had, actually, A+ experience.

M: 1 hr. recovery ride and strength
T: Swim and bird dogs
W: Rest!
Th: Run
F: Swim and plank
Sat: 10k and strength
Su: long trainer session and run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the PR; that's a significant improvement!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy moly, I decided to take a break from my computer and working for a couple of weeks over the holiday travel, and I really took a break!! LOL.

I'm swimming and riding all this week, because I have a foot that is being a giant asshole, so I'm trying to get it calmed down and not do anymore damage by continuing to run on it. I'm super frustrated - I have been having the same foot issue for years, have seen multiple people about it, and no one has been able to give me an answer. It's getting worse now, and I'm just....UGH. What is wrong, and how do I fix it?

Plan for the week:
Mon - 2k swim
Tues: 1:10 Zwift ride, strength
Wed: Coached swim session
Thurs: 1:15 Zwift ride, strength
Fri: 2k swim
Sat: Run, maybe? And strength.

I need to get back to doing yoga. I'm trying to figure out the best place to drop it in where I will actually do it, and not just say I should do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik.

Last week my goals were:
swim three times, bike once or twice, and run five times plus my usual p/rehab and hopefully a yoga class -- this weekend I'm headed to volunteer at an adventure race.

I actually ran and biked four times and swam three times -- I was too smoked after traveling to / volunteering at the adventure race to execute a long, hard run in the dark back home ... so I'm doing that today.

That workout will officially kickoff "real" training after a lovely *cough* four *cough* months of unstructured sports. I've got a nice base but also a 13.1 in six weeks and a 70.3 not long after so it's time to get moving again.

This week it'll be 3 swims, 4 bikes, and 5 runs plus yoga and p/rehab with some real work in there. Accountability buddies, let's rally :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats on the PR GiantNewb!

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition [TwoDollarSteak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TwoDollarSteak wrote:
Accountability buddies, let's rally :)

Happy training!

So far, one run of 4 done for the week. Tomorrow's pre-dentist long run will be stressful, as well the day after run. Thankfully that one is pretty easy. Less than 8 weeks to go for me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies! Happy New Year! (Yeah, yeah..... better late than never!!)

Dr TC, I'm sorry you're stressed and anxious. Keep up with the healthy coping skills, you've got this. <waves pompoms>

Dr Cupcake, I hope your work schedule eases off for you. I'm trying to build the workout habit while I'm not working so it hopefully will carry into when I do get a job and have other things to do with my time again.

GiantNewb, yay on the 10K PR! I love that feeling - even if by anyone else's standards I'm pretty slow ;o)

IronScholar, bummer on the foot. But thanks for the reminder that I should do PT and yoga so that my knees don't become giant arseholes again.

SoCal (sorry, you're still SoCal to me!!), welcome back to training season.... although I think you did more in your off-season than I did when I was actually supposed to be training, hahaha.

My life continues to be a bit of a jumbly mess, but not a terrible one. I told my soon-to-be-ex-husband that I'm definitely not coming back, so now he's in the sad-angry cycle that makes it difficult to interact because I just never know what I'm going to get from one day to the next. Fortunately we don't have a lot of shared assets - rent the house, no kids together - but the challenge is getting him to be financially independent so that I can move on and not support him forever. I'm still job hunting (because who doesn't love getting let go two weeks before Christmas), but doing OK at the moment. I bought a "Body, Mind, Soul, Spirit" wellness/gratitude-type journal yesterday, with the goal of centering myself in all the awesomeness in my life instead of being drawn into the negative crap. It's a bit fuzzy for me, but I figure every little helps.

Off-season is officially over, and my body hates me. It's like, WTF?, stretch and roll, and for the love of God, put down the damn pies. I've now done two 2 mile runs and a shortish swim, and I'm kind of relieved that I haven't actually lost as much over the past few months as I thought I might have. Early season A races are Eagleman, a 50K (was going to be Gunstock, but we moved a concert date and it looks like maybe Chesterfield Gorge instead, if anyone has any intel?), and a local sprint that I am hoping to PR the shit out of. I have a long way to go, but if I can maintain consistency, I have plenty of time to get there.

Training plan:
M: 2 mile run, 750M swim (done!)
T: Rest day (I am resting the heck out of today...)
W: 2 mile run
Th: 2.5 mile run, 1hr ride
F: Swim
S: 3 mile run
Su: 3 mile run, coached swim

Life goals:
1) Journal every day
2) Stop engaging with my ex when he's pushing my buttons
3) Make more real food
4) Stop procrastinating and write my damn marketing paper

I'm excited to be getting my head back in the game. Looking for a great week all round!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope things start easing up for you! And we’re totally going to play when you’re here for Eagleman :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome back UK2ME - that's a lot of changes and some good solid goals.

Looks like a lot of the womens are getting back to it and that's the name of the game here too. There are 229 days until IMC and I feel like that's a lifetime away, and also just around the corner and how am I supposed to ever get in shape to get around before the cut-offs?! Today's rather poor showing on an FTP test means that the balance is currently more on the latter. Anyway, silver lining - the bike is set up, yay!

I'm still figuring out the pool situation; there is a pool close by but it's not ideal and the hours are weird. It's the same with all the municipal pools in this area. There's a non-muni pool further away that is apparently outrageously good but the membership there is $$$. We're planning to go check it out in person before making a decision but after getting free gym/pool membership with my last job, I'm feeling cheap.

Anyway, plans:
swim x 3 (one done); bike x 3 (1 done); run x 4; core x 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be happy to just get some consistency going!

I went back to the pool (first time in 4 months) and had a good swim on Monday.

Gym on Tuesday.

Wednesday I started feeling crappy and the doctor said to come in on Thursday.

Friday - between being under the weather and the possible torrential rain, thunder, lightning and tornado watches projected for Saturday, we cancelled or trip to Oxford, MS for a gravel bike race. The race ended up being pushed back a day to Sunday (from Saturday) since they (and all of the Mid-South) had bad weather on Saturday. Bummed though because I've never been to Mississippi and really want to check out Oxford. We'll go another time.

Sunday I did go to Pilates and yoga, then watched football (yea - all my teams are now going to play each other this weekend!)

Ear started aching Sunday night so I'm now on 10 days of antibiotics. I did go to the gym this morning after about 10 hours of sleep last night.

I hope everyone gets well, less busy, back on track, etc. soon! I have about a week to decide if I'm going to do the Dirty Kanza 100 mile gravel bike race at the end of May. I have an entry, just need to pull the trigger and send in my information.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to hear from you UK! Enjoy getting back into training. Eagleman sounds like a fun race. I really love that area.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 13 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooof. Sorry about Mississippi and feel better!

Quote Reply