Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lucy Charles Here

Hi all. Hope you’re all working hard,

I’m new to slowtwtich, but have heard all about the various Lionel threads ;-) Just posted a new video on YouTube, hope you like it. Will endeavour to post on here whenever we have new content.

Re: Lucy Charles Here [Lucy Charles] [ In reply to ]

Hi Lucy! Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.

We're all nice here. Honest. Except me. I'm apparently known for being a troll.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

It's good to get a Lionel reference in right at the start. Nice job. ;-)

Seriously though, good work with your videos. I've always enjoyed them.

Welcome, and I do enjoy your videos. In particular I like the one you did with GTN where you and Reece raced the GTN guys on Zwift. Good stuff :)

Hi Lucy!

Always look forward to your content. Welcome!

Strava

Welcome. Have good training and season...liked your trainiac sessions too.

Welcome to ST! Kona was fun battle for you this year - when I saw you on the Queen K I think you'd just been passed by Sarah and was bummed that you were going to get 3rd. It was a nice surprise to see you battled back for 2nd! I look forward to watching your progress on the bike and run to get on that final step on the podium at Kona!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023

Re: Lucy Charles Here [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

JasoninHalifax wrote:

Really? That's your lead in?

You've. Already. Started.

Btw, Lucy, pink font is for sarcasm. Except for Jason Halifax.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 9, 20 6:56

Lucy Charles wrote:

I’m new to slowtwtich, but have heard all about the various Lionel threads ;-) Just posted a new video on YouTube, hope you like it. Will endeavour to post on here whenever we have new content.

Welcome! This is great! Hope to see you here often:) Does Lola get an ST account too?
Last edited by: SummitAK: Jan 9, 20 7:16

Welcome
What is your 2020 race schedule? Roth again?

Hey hey hey. I'll attempt to think of relevant questions. You're a badass, keep it up.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Lucy Charles Here [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]

Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Really? That's your lead in?

You've. Already. Started.

Btw, Lucy, pink font is for sarcasm. Except for Jason Halifax.

I don't do pink font. Just assume that everything that comes out of my trap is sarcastic, and you'll probably be right. ;-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

100x100 LCM is badass. If you're going to hang around and answer questions, what did you do for a sendoff time?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Re: Lucy Charles Here [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

It was 50m pool off 1:30 hitting ~ 1:16

Awwwwwwwww....
I didn't see this coming. Huge fan here. I check and watch your videos, races and instagram all the time. They are very inspiring especially swimming portion which is my weakest discipline. Welcome and please say hello to Mr. Barclay and Lola!!

Nice!

My club has a tradition of doing the 100x100 as well, although I couldn't make it this year. I did 50 on my own instead, but SCM on 1:35. Always feels good to finish it. I'm feeling a little bit like I should've done the full thing, maybe I can work that in somewhere.

(Cute puppy too).

Favourite Swim Sets:

The photo you posted on insta, wow, just WOW. How many days a week do you lift weights.

Wow. I'm a huge fan. I watch all your videos. (To my fellow STers, yeah, that's right, I'm a fanboy. So what?) I was interested to see that Reece raced as a pro in Daytona and did pretty well at that. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Reece and his racing in future videos.

Wow! welcome. Hope to see you in Roth (You talked with my son and me at length in 2018) and Kona! Keep sharing with us.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.

Just oozes positive energy. Gotta love it.

Will endeavour to post on here whenever we have new content.
---

You should do an interview with American basketball great Charles Barkley and film it for your channel.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Re: Lucy Charles Here [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]

tri3ba wrote:
The photo you posted on insta, wow, just WOW. How many days a week do you lift weights.

I was blown away by that pic too. Now we know how she can swim so fast. That's just some serious pure muscle.

Thanks for coming over here Lucy, before my question just want to say it has been really fun to watch you race. You filled a gap that was like the Grand Canyon, the one between Ryf and the rest of the field. A few of us can appreciate a solo, completely expected win, but isnt it so much more fun when there is a real challenger? Your off the front style( of course kind of dictated because of your swim prowess) is fun to watch, and makes these long races a lot more interesting, so just know you are really not alone out front there on those long days..

My question is about racing style and choices. I believe you had indicated awhile back that you were interested in perhaps doing some shorter ITU style races? Probably too late in this olympic cycle, and of course there is a lot of talent from your country already in the women's fields, but is this still an interest for you going forward? With your swim and bike, you would always be assured of at the very least hitting T2 with either a small breakaway, or a main group. I believe your running speed is still improving, and if you are now at a 16 flat 5k, you are not that far off what the faster ladies are running too. I would love to see you in a super league style format, where most the bike is time trialing anyway because of the technical courses. Do these types of races still hold any interest for you, or are you now just all in on ironman racing??

I blame your videos for my wife wanting a dog. LOL.

Lucy Charles wrote:

Not as hard as you....but Daniella, Anne and you have made the women IM really appealing.... uber biker, uber runner, uber swimmer...

Will you answer to this..... will we ever see you in ITU against Zaferes, Duffy, T-Brown, etc? Dont you say "maybe" as we do for all in my region in Spain (same as Gomez´) :D

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Jan 9, 20 10:12

Prev Next