Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Treadmill iFit "hack" / tweak [Ph4r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Ph4r

This is the page where we found the info required to connect to the TM through a websocket to read the info and control the treadmill.
https://github.com/...tcuff/iFitController

My treadmill is a NT 1750, 2014 model. I had friends with more recent NT 1750's and NT 2450's try a link I provided to a dumbed down version of "our app" and it did connect and work, but not sure if they were post 2017 models to be honest. Also worked on a NT X11 incline trainer for one of the other ST'ers.
I can send you a link by PM to check functionality if you know someone with a Nordictrack newer than 2017. I would think that as long as the TM has IFIT and WIFI it could work?

Sounds like Zwifit, for the purpose of Zwift, merely replaces using a footpod (i.e. transmits run speed to Zwift for display);
Setting the incline of the TM to match the course would require the game to broadcast the current grade.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ph4r

I reached out to a FB Friend that has a 2019 NT1750 treadmill and had him try the IFIT control tool... It did not work. After searching through IFIT support pages, they do seem to make a distinction for instructions on consoles PRE and POST 2017. Post 2017 seems to be controllable through Bluetooth instead of the "web socket" method we've been using.

So therefore the method to control ifit treadmills as described in this tread would only be compatible with pre-2017 machines :(

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill iFit "hack" / tweak [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I've found about the same, that the websockets stopped with the post-2017 ifit units. Thanks for responding again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To put this to bed, I bought a NordicTrack Elite 1000 and it has no websockets support and no open ports that I can find with nmap. If we sign up for iFit I'll see we can scrape some site or something else in the future, or hopefully they connect to zwift directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi.

I have a c1750 2019-model. Recently I learned how to enter “privileged mode” on the tablet that controls the treadmill. This means you can enter the Android tablet itself.

There are some youtube videos showcasing how to access this mode and how to install apps. They have installed Netflix etc.

Now, in the comments there has come up the discussion about installing Zwift. Someone said installing Zwift required android v9 or higher. I have checked the Zwift homepage, and it says the requirement is Android 7 and higher.

I accessed the tablet on my treadmill and the latest update show the android version to be 7.0.

Does this open up some possibilities? In trying to make a iFit based treadmill run Zwift, I would imagine this would be easier when you can start inside the tablet that runs the treadmill.

Anyone with more knowledge than me care to evaluate this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill iFit "hack" / tweak [Halling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't believe I am just now finding out about privilege mode. Thank you

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill iFit "hack" / tweak [Halling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious about this. Did you give it a try?

Halling wrote:
Hi.

I have a c1750 2019-model. Recently I learned how to enter “privileged mode” on the tablet that controls the treadmill. This means you can enter the Android tablet itself.

There are some youtube videos showcasing how to access this mode and how to install apps. They have installed Netflix etc.

Now, in the comments there has come up the discussion about installing Zwift. Someone said installing Zwift required android v9 or higher. I have checked the Zwift homepage, and it says the requirement is Android 7 and higher.

I accessed the tablet on my treadmill and the latest update show the android version to be 7.0.

Does this open up some possibilities? In trying to make a iFit based treadmill run Zwift, I would imagine this would be easier when you can start inside the tablet that runs the treadmill.

Anyone with more knowledge than me care to evaluate this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill iFit "hack" / tweak [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgutstadt wrote:
I'm not aware of any other way to capture "climbing" on treadmill and its killing the OCD part of me that NPG on TP is always the same as average speed regardless of the incline.

When I was geeking out on all that, I used to manually input my workout in golden cheetah, which allows for distance, duration and incline. So if you have a fixed interval schedule (or can somehow remember everything you do with the TM controls), you can capture all the info needed for graded pace inputs to TP. If you’re a training peaks premium member, you can have golden cheetah send the file for you, otherwise, you’ll need to export to .fit or something and then import into TP. It’s a bit of effort, but will give you a workaround for your OCD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like with its newest update, zwift is now controlling some BT enabled smart treadmills (noble pro i think) is there anyway to use the incline sent from zwift and input in real time into the program/hack sprocket has described above?
Quote Reply

Prev Next