Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

carbon plate race day shoe for wide feet?
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there using a carbon plate shoe with big wide feet? I am normally an 11.5 2E in just about every normal running shoe I've tried. I'd love to try a pair of next% or hoka carbon rockets but none of these super shoes come in wide width. Do any of them run a little wider than normal? would squeezing my foot into a too narrow shoe for 10k and half's be the worst?

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: carbon plate race day shoe for wide feet? [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I unfortunately don't have anything to suggest, but I'm curious to see what, if any, options are out there as I have the same curse as you do (wide midfoot and forefoot).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear 2E NewBalance shoes normally. Running in Nike Zoom Fly (carbon plated tempo trainer shoe) has a good fit for me. I suspect that the Next% would also work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have pretty wide feet and I'm on my 3rd pair of Carbon X. Plenty wide and comfy for me
Quote Reply
Re: carbon plate race day shoe for wide feet? [lpmelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Define "pretty wide feet" please? I wear an 11/4e asics gt-1000.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 31, 19 8:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have very wide feet (roughly 10.5EE). The carbon X were very comfortable and i really love them but my wide foot blew out the side after 100 miles. If you can afford to go through a few pairs I'd recommend them. The Next% aren't quite as wide but i've run a couple of marathons in them and they were fine with the laces loosened to a very wide setting. The Vaporfly Flyknit 4% also accomodate wide feet and work well for triathlon with elastic laces installed. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: carbon plate race day shoe for wide feet? [tridadsask] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does help. I guess I'll have to go give them a try at a store. We've got a couple of good running specific shoe stores around, so I can probably find places that have these in stock. I figure if I got these, they'd be race only shoes, and I wouldn't need to get crazy miles out of them.

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has there been any thing new in this as more companies have come out with their carbon plate shoes? I wear 11.5 2E in just about every shoe I get. Currently running in Hoka Cliftons and New Balance 880's but would really love to get a racing shoe for this coming season. I was holding out hope that new balance might come out with a wide shoe since it seems they are always kind of good at making shoes for us fat footed people, but it doesn't appear that way. Thanks in advance for any help

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregkeller wrote:
Has there been any thing new in this as more companies have come out with their carbon plate shoes? I wear 11.5 2E in just about every shoe I get. Currently running in Hoka Cliftons and New Balance 880's but would really love to get a racing shoe for this coming season. I was holding out hope that new balance might come out with a wide shoe since it seems they are always kind of good at making shoes for us fat footed people, but it doesn't appear that way. Thanks in advance for any help

Brooks hyperion tempo elite is quite wide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I normally run in a NB 9.5 2E and found that going up a half size worked well for me in the nike 4%, next% etc. I have a 10 in those, and the half size gave enough room for my feet no problem.

I'd love to try the NB RC Elite, but their platform is fairly narrow and don't release their top tier models in wide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not new, but Hoka Carbon X fit me nice. I am usually a size 12E and buy a wide in most anything i can. but i have found the upper on alot of these shoes seem to be less structured so they give a little more maybe? anyways i have about 100 miles in the carbon x and love them. i also have a pair of Alphafly sitting in a box still. only tried them on a couple times and jogged around in them a bit, but they seem to work good too so far anyways for a wide foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say your best bet is the new balance fuelcell tc or rc both are the widest platform out of the shoes I’ve tested at least. The alphafly has a wide forefoot but mid foot is a bit narrower than normal, at least for me.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: carbon plate race day shoe for wide feet? [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DylanD wrote:
I would say your best bet is the new balance fuelcell tc or rc both are the widest platform out of the shoes I’ve tested at least. The alphafly has a wide forefoot but mid foot is a bit narrower than normal, at least for me.

Another vote for NB Fuel Cell TC. Compared to Nike Fly 1 & 2 they are far wider.

They are very comfortable but not as fast for me. My cadence decreases and you lose that feeling of Nike's running downhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wider feet as well, love me some generous toeboxes!

Try on the Saucony Endorphin Pro. I've tried on nearly every one of these shoes and that seemed to be the best forefoot fit for me.

Unfortunately since no two people have the same foot shape ymmv.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would avoid the 4% and lean toward the Next% in Nike.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the New Balance Fuelcell TC is already the widest I have tried so far. I bike with Lake CX402 in wide....
But the NB is also available in a wide version which if it is indeed wider the regular it must be really wide.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply