Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 16 edition
Quote | Reply
You know what to do!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals were ride twice (did one), healthy coping (5/7), keep run miles under control (done), pt (grade: C, can someone please round my grade up ;)

Totals 1650 yd swim (4x), 1 ride (9.3 mi), 37.4 mi run (6 runs). One full rest day.

Goals this week: More swim! Do things that keep me healthy and fast.

Per last week
Ironscholar, cool about the book! I am not in a book field . What is the title?
Dr. Cupcake, I hope the pox is no longer upon you.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you can just grade yourself on the curve and assume a really low class average??

I had - a week. Didn't swim at all and less yoga and running than I planned. The kid is feeling better thanks to some antibiotics and knock on ALL THE WOOD that we can stay healthy until Christmas.

I'm feeling really down about the running lately. I'm slower than I've ever been and it seems so hard and not getting better. I'm going to stick with it, but I'm starting to think I should head to the Dr for some blood work.

This week - Yoga x3 (one will have to be on my own because of a very poorly timed phone interview) and at least 4 runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

TC-glad you had a good week. I've been thinking about you and your hamstring. I have to get an MRI this week too--nothing sports related, I have to get screened for a partcular kind of cancer every year. I did that last week, but I drank a very poorly timed cup of coffee right before, and my heart beating messed up the images. True story! Anyway, I'm going in again this week, and steering clear of coffee.

EBB-yowza, sounds like a week. Sorry about the kiddo and the yoga! Good luck on this week!

I'm ok. I'm still struggling with the end of the semester, and I messed up a few workouts. I also missed a swim workout because the pool schedule changed for some dumb holiday thing. I need to get things together for the winter break--I have to get a chapter of my book done to stay on schedule, and a million other little niggling things. Ugh. I'll also be heading to New Hampshire on Sunday for the holiday.

This week I have two bikes, two swims, two runs plus a quick brick run post-bike, and strength of some kind most days.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday from 20165ft, ladies!

Dr TC- all the things crossed for you for the MRI. I’d send you stickers if I could.

EBB- congrats on making it through the other side of the bug with the kiddo. I hope your interview goes awesomely!

GN- best end of semester vibes coming your way!

Last weeks goal was, sure! A goal! Thank all the stars I am feeling WAY better, with residual itchiness and skin dryness. Thankfully I’ve spent the last five days in Florida volunteering for the QBE shootout PGA event, and the humidity and sunshine have done me a world of good.

Unfortunately, offseason is officially over. I never really feel like I had one and I kind of had it out with my coach about it a week ago. Ah well, can’t go anywhere from up from here.

This week’s goal: it’s beginning to look a lot like training...

M- 4mi run and 30min swim
Tu- 50min zwift and strength
W- rest day
Th- strength and fun run through the National Zoo lights display with the team
F- 2400yd swim and 30min run with hill repeats. It’s also my neighborhood’s annual caroling party. I’m making a giant chocolate kransekake, pray for me.
Sa- 2hr ride.
Su- 9mi run and then if I have time and energy, yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
giant chocolate kransekake

Had to google this. Now I want one :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik.

I'm alive. I survived my first week at my new job and moving to a new state with my old and anxious dog.

Sports have been backburner -- I've run and swum a bit but barely. My bikes are in a storage pod somewhere between LA and Portland. The facilities on campus are spectacular (25M pool, multiple gyms, XC trails, etc.) but I haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I'm currently staying in a hotel but should be moving into my apartment and have everything unpacked by this weekend. My almost 15 year old dog will likely finally get used to the hotel when we pack up 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'll have some downtime over the holidays to get everything organized and will probably get back to training then.

Cheering for y'all in the meantime.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dangit Scher, now I googled it!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [TwoDollarSteak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice handle TDS!! And all the best for the first few weeks. the facilities do sound amazing!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GN, what's your book about?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did grad school in Corvallis, so I spent a bit of time in PDX. Yes, awesome trails! If you like bookstores, have you found Powell's yet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have, Dr. TC -- a dangerous place for a reader who doesn't own a TV! While I've never lived here I've spent a fair amount of time in the PNW so I'm not *completely* out of sorts. On the other hand, my 15 year old dog is having some trouble adjusting to cold air and wet streets.

Thanks GN, and congratulations on your book.

Sher, sending you smooth moving vibes too!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, all!

Dr. T., hope you are having a good week with lots of healthy coping days.
edbikebabe, hope the kiddo is continuing to fight off the germs and you are feeling better soon. It doesn't hurt to see the doc to make sure everything is normal (or adjust if it's not).
GN, hoping you wrapped up the semester and can take some time for rest, relaxation, and 'riting. =)
Dr_C, I'm definitely jealous of your sunshine! I hope the coaching issue gets resolved.
TDS, good to see you and your new handle on here. =) I am glad you survived the first week. I hope your dog is adjusting. Yay for upcoming downtime!

I had a pretty good week last week. I did three trainer rides and three runs, one "long" for each, and did weights twice and PT once. When I actually work glutes/hips/hamstring exercises into the rotation, my weird hip/IT band/glute/etc. pain subsides, who would have guessed (eye roll emoji here)??? I also cooked a mostly healthy dinner every evening except Saturday when we went to a wedding, so I'm happy we are hopefully laying some foundation for healthy habits with the holidays coming up.

I took tomorrow off work for Christmas prep/personal errands, work Thursday and Friday, and then don't come back until the 2nd, and I don't think I have ever looked forward to a break so much. I am looking forward to catching up on sleep, running outside in the sunshine, and getting my coffee intake back down to medically advisable levels. 2019 was rough I am hoping that the rest and disconnect helps me take stock of what I need to do to make some positive changes. The good news is, my and my husband's family live pretty near each other, so we are splitting Christmas Day and not doing anything too taxing. There will be many mimosas consumed and I am looking forward to celebrating!

I hope you all are off to an awesome start to the week!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TwoDollarSteak wrote:
Sher, sending you smooth moving vibes too!

Thank you! Movers come this Friday and my grey hairs are multiplying exponentially.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! Well, it's about Irish diaspora and nineteenth-century American music...

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 16 edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey! Well, it's about Irish diaspora and nineteenth-century American music...

#acadamia

Quote Reply